02 October 2009

Wicked


Yeah, you all know me - it could be Tourettes and I am just blurting out words for titles, but then again I am wicked ... about that later.

Alas no photos. Friday was a bust. I was going to go for a walk to a park that I had been to. Once, when we drove by it I saw something - my addled brain forgets what - and I remembered feeling ripped I didn't take photos of it. So my goal was to walk to the park and just wander aimlessly around until I had that eureka moment and found what I had seen before.

Went to lock all the sliding glass doors on the wall that is all glass and one would not lock - I shoved and shoved and it just would not get close enough for the catch to .... well ... catch. Bummer. We never lock them being 16 floors up, who is going to sneak in? But with the guys rappelling down and doing work, it was imperative that I locked up before I left. I called Gary for suggestions but he wasn't answering.

So I cleaned. Yes, me - I cleaned. I don't even clean my own house - but the dust! So I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the kitchen (gotta get that sink shiny - don't know why Gary can't seem to do that ...).

Gary calls me - about something else he would like me to do since he didn't have the time and I said 'sure' then asked about the blinkin door. I explained what was happening and he explained that BOTH doors move and that the other door needed to be pulled toward the other. I walked over to it, pulled the door toward the other and they fit like a glove and the clicker clicked right in! I said a few choice words since it had ruined my day, but I am glad I know how to do it now. To make me feel better, Gary said he had the same problem until he figured it out. The best part? The guys didn't even show up! So pretty much a waste of a day.

So ... cleaning - fun, fun, fun.

Gary arrived home and we sat down at the computer and got tickets to fly to Sydney, reservations at the Marriott by the Sydney Opera House and tickets to WICKED! We will be doing this the last weekend I am here since Gary is training for his 100K marathon which is the week before - keeping us sort of close to home, but that weekend, we have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to explore Sydney - I am VERY excited.

That's about it for here, it is 6:00am Saturday and Gary is headed out for an 80K bike ride per his training then we will be headed .... somewhere - I will be sure to take photos!

5 comments:

Lori A said...

Have fun seeing Wicked! I loved it! How exciting to see it in Sydney.

Sarah said...

I've never heard of such a door and I would be irritated too if something as lame as that caused me to clean all day. At least you have Sydney to look forward to.

A.J. said...

Lori, how cool! I've always been amaized at the architure of the Sydney Oprea house, I know you probably don't do requests but if the mood strikes a couple of pictures of that would be pretty special to see. Pardon my ignorence but is Wicked a play? And is it showing in the Opera House? Or is this all circumstance clouded by my mis-interpretation. Either way hope you have a good time.

Lori Hurst said...

A.J. Wicked played on Broadway for quite some time - it is a musical and my husband saw it in London once when he was there looking for things to do in the eveing and loved it - so we are going to see it.

Unfortunately it is not at the Opera House, but at a Theatre near it so plenty of photos to follow!

Laura said...

Sorry the stupid door kept you from having fun all day. Cleaning instead of sightseeing is no fun at all!

Your weekend in Sydney sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures of the Opera House and all sorts of other things!