04 October 2009

Mondays Walk


Went on my walk that I meant to go on last Friday today (Monday). I had been to an adorable little park located on the way to Woolworths ('Woolies' to the locals) on my last trip and took photos of it before moving along and going grocery shopping.

Driving by the park some time later, I saw something that made me upset that I had not walked the entire length of the tiny park - thinking of photo opportunities missed - but for the life of me I could not remember what it was I had saw.

So back I went today - and there were more surprises than I had seen from the road.

The entrance (I believe I put a photo of the entrance in last time I visited the park, but it is so darn charming - had to take photos of it again):


The trees were flowering:



A statue I had seen off in the distance, but had not reached last time (I think):

And my first surprise - an adorable sun dial:

Sure enough - it was right on time (10:00):

And then I saw it - a building I had seen being driven to the apartment for the first time by Gary (he came and picked me up at the airport the first time - now that I have a key and a security fob for the building I just take a taxi). It is an old school: All Hallows School and from this side looks very quaint. I see a side of it out the window in front of my laptop right now, sitting here in the third bedroom with a side view not a river view - it still has the old wall, but a butt ugly building. I had wanted to take a photo of the gate - it is dated somewhere in the 1800's but I forgot to even look:


I crossed the street after taking photos of All Hallows School and found myself in Chinatown - it was not very pretty, thus no photos!

Got back home and my friends hanging from the balcony were back - and with a drill. They have been drilling for a couple of hours now and I feel like I am in a dentists office. I might have to go for another walk...

No comments: