08 October 2009

I Lied ...


The other day, I distinctly remember Gary standing in the kitchen, me gazing at my roses and him saying "You're funny' - and he didn't mean it in the funny 'hah hah' way - he meant it in the funny 'I don't understand girls' way ... about my flowers.

I don't know what it is about flowers that I like so much. And because I love, love, love flowers - it goes without saying that I love, love, love to photograph them. What can I say.

I can get lost in the center of a rose - it's perfectness, it's tiny gift from God, it's reason for sitting in my house is because my husband loves me, and even though he thinks I'm 'funny' still buys me flowers.

I love close up of flowers - their spirals, their perfectness, their singular beauty.

So - even though I PROMISED no more flower shots - I had to have something to do to avoid studying New Zealand: (sorry - some duplicate because my uploader barfed in the middle and won't tell me which 16 it had already loaded, so I reloaded all 42 ... yes 42 plus duplicates photos of just plain pink roses ...):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked this post. And I'm funny, too, I guess!
I love that you never tire of the delicate beauty of a flower.