15 October 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice


In approximately nine and a half hours I board a plane for Sydney for my final 'hurrah' here in Australia. I am going to enjoy seeing Wicked, being with Gary and taking tons of photos ... but I am no good with night shots and I would kill for a good shot of the bridge there and especially the Sydney Opera House.

So - I practiced - figured out the tripod (this was much harder than I really thought it would / should have been) and took some shots. Now I know we are all sick and tired of seeing Story Bridge, but when that is what fills the entire wall of your apartment - it is hard to ignore when practicing:


I mentioned that the lights were originally white and wondered why they were now red. Some have also asked. I found the answer and they are not red - they are pink in honor of Breast Cancer Month. I assume they will be back to white next month.

The shots are pretty clear - even though the shutter time is about 20 seconds. I threw in the buildings off to my right just for variety:

Now for the tricky part - convincing my husband to traipse all over Sydney in the middle of the night with a tripod and cameras to get the perfect shot!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like your practice paid off. Those are great shots, although there is no way those lights are pink.

The Sullengers said...

I love night light pictures - and those turned out fantastic - I love them during the day also!

Kacie said...

They look so good! Practice paid off!