17 October 2009

If You Don't Succeed ...

... in getting the answer you want about the Sydney Opera House being lit at night ... just keep asking around! I had been originally told 'no' it was not lit and at 5:00am I could see that for my own eyes, but when seeing the lit Opera House again in a picture - called the Concierge and asked - who said it was lit every night until Midnight. Excited does not even begin to explain how I felt!

Gary and I went out last night - and, well something magical happened ... but that is for another post. Don't have time right now since we are heading to the airport in 1/2 hour - so I will just post a couple of my photos and skedaddle:



Our time here in Sydney was, well ... magical - as I said! I will post tonight - y'all will be in bed - with some photos that even in my wildest dreams didn't think I would ever be able to take!

Later!

3 comments:

A.J. said...

In a word elegant, like the sails of a ship full with the trade winds that drove the first sailing ships that visited this continent from Europe. You've captured it all Lori. I don't know the magic of the evening that you mentioned in your post, but if it is anything like the images you've shared with us during your time there it must truly be special. Thanks.

Laura said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to hear about your magical weekend.

Val and Marceil said...

Lori: Your photos of the opera house make me both proud and jealous. You are getting hard to keep up with -- photowise. And for sure -- travelwise.

Dad