12 October 2009

City Cat and South Bank


Decided to take the 'City Cat' today - a form of ferry transportation up and down the Brisbane River. My destination: South Bank. It is where in a previous post I posted 2km of arbors of bougainvillea. I wanted to see if it looked more lush now that it is 'spring' here in Brisbane.

Pretty much the same:


I was not able to show you the very large sandy beach and pool that is man made and a very popular spot in the summer (it was blocked for some sort of construction) - I guess it is just a bit too cold still - except for the birds:


Pink, Purple & Green:


This little guy and his friends joined up with my ferry ride after I got back on after South Bank going the wrong direction - decided to just enjoy the ride till it turned around and took me home. He is just a titch larger than a hummingbird and they seemed to want to dive bomb you - but being so small - it was just comical:



Then I went bridge watching. Gary and I have discussed this bridge in length - in that 'what were they thinking' discussion. It seriously looks like an erector set experiment gone horribly wrong and mars the beautiful Brisbane river (in my humble opinion):

Because there are beautiful bridges around:


Train bridges:


Plentiful bridges - just that one - scary one!

And, of course, before I got home I had to snap a photo of a purple tree (it is the law):


Unfortunately, when you start out at 7'ish you are home by 10'ish and still have a day ahead of me - better get to work!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you know what those purple trees are called? They are absolutely beautiful.

Lori Hurst said...

It is called a jacaranda tree:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacaranda