03 October 2009

Saturday


Saturday started as was planned - Gary headed off with some fellow cyclists for an 80K ride to gear up for their 100K race next week. He said he would be gone 2 - 3 hours (or I was not paying attention) and at 5 hours I was starting to get nervous, but in he walked - quite tired. He mentioned that he had got a flat and needed to go get some supplies to be ready just in case this happens next week.

We scrapped doing anything extravagant since I was not feeling all that chipper either and decided to drive back to the restaurant where we ate the night previous to get a photo of the building in the light (after stopping at the bike shop):

The building next to it is just as fun, so I took photos of it also:

Across the way was a park with some purple trees we keep seeing. No leaves, just purple flowers, but every time I take a photo of them, they just look washed out and scraggly - I am hoping to find a lush purple tree to take photos of and post, but not here.

We were right on a bay in a little park - so I took some obligatory shots of flowers and we called it quits, headed back to home via the grocery store and spent a relaxing evening - Gary fixing his tyres and me napping.







2 comments:

A.J. said...

Love the pictures, I almost expect to see Ernest Hemmingway, cigar in his mouth, a glass of scotch in his hand, standing at the rail of the old boat. The weathered paint and naked mast conjure up thoughts of full sails and better days.The XXXX Beer Parlor looks to be a fun place to hang, looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

PS. Are you a native of the Crown? Or are you just assimilating to the language. I couldn't help but notice the spelling of "tyres" in your post, I found it expressive, placing me in the landscape so to speak.

Lori Hurst said...

A.J. My writing does tend to change as I assimilate into where ever I am. When I lived in Norway I would write 'britisk' since that is how they wrote - use the word 'que' often and other weird things. I generally don't notice I am doing them or I notice but don't care.

Today we went out to buy a tyre not a tire so that is how I spelled it!