06 October 2009

Travel Agent


Gary called me from work yesterday and said "You didn't post today". I told him that I had nothing to say - a truly rare thing for me. This is I am feeling a bit 'off' and have been mooning about the apartment reading books. Just not feeling up to going out - which I know - is not a good sign for me and my mental health - but there you go ...

I have been putting a few things off and really need to get to them - so while I am just mooning about in the apartment (really, really just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful view) I need to plan our Sydney trip next week and our trip to New Zealand in November when my parents come.

I hate playing travel guide - because it takes so long to really do a good job of studying the area and figuring out what you want to do, what order, where to stay - and so forth. I have my travel books that should help me, but I will probably get out today (gasp!) and head to queen street - there are a ton of travel agencies there and see what they can do for me for New Zealand. We haven't even picked out a place to fly into (I think) or area to cover so I don't even have a starting point.

Anyone out there with any suggestions - I would appreciate them!

So, today I am putting on my travel agent hat, sitting down and studying downtown Sydney - got the Opera House, Wicked, and St. Anthony's cathedral (just saw it on a special last night) on my list - but really don't know what is available in the Sydney Opera house area (that is close to our hotel and where Wicked is playing and we are thinking we can do this without a rental car and just get cabs for things that are a wee bit too far) but I am sure the place is packed with things to see and we are only there 2 1/2 days. Again - suggestions would be great!

So - got to start reading:

The nice thing about it? I will be reading sitting right here - enjoying my view:



Yeah, I took pictures of books - how pathetic is that for a post?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so impressed with your adventurous spirit. I don't think I have the guts to venture out on my own in a completely foreign place. I admire people who aren't afraid to just go exploring and discover new things. I hate new things and I hate that about myself. So as you can see I would be the last person who could help you plan your upcoming trips to exciting new places. But I love reading about them from the comfort of my very familiar computer desk!

A.J. said...

Nice picture of a road atlas but I miss those size 7 feet, it's so not you! Never been to New Zealand, although it has sparked my interest more than once. They offer some great motorcycle tours there, but I'm not sure that is your style of transportation. What ever you descide will surely be some thing to snapshot about. Have fun, and for crying out loud put your feet up!

Laura said...

Wish I could help with your plans, but since I've never been to either of those places....

I'm looking forward to pictures from Sydney. Have a great time!

Court said...

A picture of books, yes, but books with a view!! Have a blast! I love that you are at a point in your life where you can travel and enjoy special time with Gary.

Vicki said...

Seeing Wicked at the Sydney Opera house - that is to die for!!! When we were in Sydney, we saw a production at the Sydney Opera house. The concierge said it was a great story - but the language was so bad, we left at intermission. To see Wicked - AHHH. Does it get any better? I think a taxi is perfect. I'm sure we never rented a car.

Lori Hurst said...

Alas, we are not seeing Wicked at the Sydney Opera house - just in a theatre near it. Our Marriott hotel is right by the Opera House and I know the theatre that Wicked is playing in near our hotel - thus I am looking for more things to see in that area - but looking at the map - it looks like every where you turn we will find something.