22 October 2009

I Just Might Have Paid Attention ...

Flown on a lot of planes lately. NEVER listen to the safety instructions - or any of the other times they make announcements or give instructions - even when they tell me I am flying on a different type of aircraft each time. My theory? I ain't lucky enough to actually survive a plane emergency - or that what they are telling me is not exactly going to be all that useful when it comes to crunch time - so I continue to read my book, do what ever ... I eventually at some point in the flight figure out where the nearest exit door is to me ... and that is the extent of my safety precautions while flying.

This? I just might have listened:



.

.

.

And just a side note - the airlines are getting quite 'creative' in trying to get people to listen to the safety instructions (I know ... that was not the safety instructions he wasn't holding a seat belt buckle to show me how to undo it - because, like, that has always been a problem for me ...). I read an article, complete with photos in Australia about ... I think Air New Zealand. They were so desperate to get their passengers to listen to the safety instructions - they made up an entire flight crew (men and women) - completely naked - into flight attendants and officers with body paint (they looked exactly like the uniforms they normally wear). They then filmed the instructions - noting that these guys were only 'wearing' body paint. You really, really had to look (OK, yeah I was checking things out) to see that they did not have anything on. I'm thinking that: a) it was filmed entirely from the waist up and b) that they had the complete and total attention of 100% of the men ... women I'm not sure ....

I just found the flight film (is Air New Zealand) ... sorry guys - they don't show as much as they did in the photographs in the articles - but still amazing (that they weren't smiling more than they were trying to film this ...)



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did I just see buttcrack? The most disturbing part is that THAT is not the most disturbing part to me. It's the painted man nipples. Yuck.

And rapper boy is my new boyfriend so hands off. Anyone who can make chubby, gray, middle-aged businessmen stomp a beat can rule the world.

Lori Hurst said...

Yes, I DID see the buttcrack, but to me, the most disturbing thing is the belly button (now you're going to have to watch it again!!!)

Yeah - I agree with your take on rapper boy - he's great!

kimberly said...

When I flew SW over the summer, one of the lady giving the safety instructions was cracking jokes in this really dry tone of voice. I was highly amused by her.

But rapper boy here? Is BRILLIANT. I kind of love him.

It must have taken so long to put on all that body paint.

Cherri said...

I am sneaking a look after school on the school computer, so now i have to rush home and see this again on my home computer. Funny!