23 October 2009

Lori and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


And it's only noon!

OK, maybe not as bad as Alexander's (in the book he gets gum in his hair - I DESPISE gum - anywhere - even in my mouth), but it has not started off all that great. Won't go into all the boring details - just tired, a wee bit off (OK, more than a wee bit) and pissed ... not necessarily in that order. Most things making my day not so great don't make the blogable 'cut' but a few do (OK one doesn't but I want to vent so will share anyway - and it is very wrong and childish of me):

1) My facebook account won't work. I am hoping this is a temporary thing - it says they are doing maintenance and that makes me suspicious since it is during the day and that is unusual for a large site like that to 'go down' during the day (unless it is hackers). The last thing I tried to do was make a photo album of the Bone Church (Sedlec Ossuary) in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic - just for fun and as I hit 'save album' it said I had NO PHOTO ALBUMS at all - so I am waiting for it to come back up to see if I lost all of my albums ... I will be very sad. So frustrated.

2) Woke up at 4:30am and couldn't go back to sleep and that has me irritable.

3) Since things were a downer I BAKED MUFFINS! I know - me, the woman who does not cook nor bake - but there is no food in the house (my theory is I won't eat it if it isn't here) and they sounded good. Of course it was from a mix (blueberry) and they taste old. Yuck. Could be because the box has been sitting in there for probably two years ... but I wanted some!!!

4) My mental health meter is not in the 'good' range, but I won't go into all the gory details here.

5) My cleaning lady is having a baby this month and so (duh) not cleaning - so no excuse to pick up ... and as I look around - I am in a panic - didn't think I could mess up the house so badly (OK, if you unpack your suitcase in the office and just leave it all on the floor to step over - yeah - I guess it is going to look like this) and with no reason to pick it up, I just stare at it getting more and more depressed. It will be clean before Gary comes next Friday - but I will bet you I clean up, oh, lets say next Thursday. Can you say cesspool?

6) Was walking around a corner and somehow miscalculated and slammed my pinky toe into to wall. Ouch! Cursing! Hopping! I'm sure it's not broken, just feels like it.

7) Took a nap at about 9:30 - ACTUALLY FELL ASLEEP! Was dreaming about my time as yearbook Editor my Senior year of High School - a good dream - usually I have nightmares and the phone woke me up. It was a junk call. Not happy. Lay there, almost got back to sleep, and it rings again - another junk call! Fell asleep - now dreaming about yelling at someone on the phone and, yep the phone rings - junk call - and I decided my dream was prophetic and yelled at them. Man I wish I had one of those phones you can slam down - you just don't get the satisfaction of pushing the 'off' button .... so I threw it against a wall ...

8) After hours of working on a newsletter I make - discovered - quite by accident (thankfully) that my services are no longer required. I didn't do the one last month because someone had offered to do it and I was super busy - should have seen the writing on the wall - but you know me: stupid, stupid, stupid. Frustrated ... sighed and hit the 'delete' button on my pretty November heading and the rest of the work I had done. I just would have been nice to have been told ... you know? (And this is not the place to vent about this, very inappropriate - I just may have to break my 'no delete' rule and pull number 8 - but then - you won't know will you?)

But, no worries! Was catching up on TV series purchases that I did not have and Mr. Amazon kindly dropped them off 10 minutes ago:



Plus the Wicked soundtrack (can you sing 'No Good Deed Goes Unpunished? ...)!

Oh, yeah - I'm gonna be productive today (man ... House isn't going to be here till ... like, Tuesday - I am sure I will be done by then ...) ... you bet ... gonna get right on that list of things to do ....

6 comments:

Laura said...

Lori, I can see your profile when I go to FaceBook, and your albums are there. Except for the Bones Church one, which I guess they really didn't save.

Good choice of TV series! Except for CSI: Miami, with "overacting man" (as we like to call him). Hey, at least watching those shows can prove to you that your life could be really bad!

I hope the rest of your day is better.

Lori Hurst said...

Ah, yes, Ryan and I call him 'Horatio and his god-like powers' - but I am addicted to the forensics and I don't mind the other characters - just wish 'H' didn't discover everything, ALWAYS be in the right place at the right time, etc - but I watch anyway.

Thanks for checking out facebook. Don't have a clue whats wrong with my account - good to know if I ever get back on - my albums are there!

Cherri said...

that is the pits to find out you don't have a job the way you did - not right at all. I did hear about someone who received a calling by text. . . there are good ways to communicate and then there are lazy, bad ways to communicate.

I am sorry your day is not good. Just don't kick another wall to vent!

Jennifer said...

There was actually a CSI: Miami spoof on Sesame Street. Muppet with red hair, sun glasses, and "Quippy sound bite lines stating the obvious" in that tone H uses. I died.

Hey, I've got a very low-brow, ashamed-that-I-thought-of-it-in-the-first-place tactic for junk calls.

"GoodeveningthisisAllisonwith..."
"Allison? Who the hell is ALLISON? Is this the B*O$&% that's been sleeping with my man? Aw HELL no!"

*soft click*

No, it doesn't stop the calls, but it is more gratifying than throwing the phone.

Sarah said...

I love you Carmine Giovinazzo.

Lori Hurst said...

I love Carmine too - so New York! He is my favorite since Speedle (in Miami folks) was killed (and I have no idea why I liked his character so much?)