25 October 2009

A Day Full of Angels

The Children's Program in Church is probably my favorite Sunday out of all the Sundays of the year (except when I was Primary President or the counselor over the program ... then? ... not so much!). In our ward - we have a passel of children and I'm talking 150 - 200 (Court?). They did such a good job today I seriously couldn't NOT get a bit of the singing recorded so I could listen to it again. And I wanted all the Primary leaders to know how loud it was clear in the back where I was.

Thanks for making my day:


Had to leave a few minutes early and leave the 'passel of angels' for the one 'angel' (I will have to find my writing about Jessie where I refer to her as an angel but - quoting a movie - 'not that kind of angel' - it is very fitting for her!). Had a good afternoon with Jessie. She repeatedly made me laugh - which some of the times is not the case. Some times are more stressful than others - but today was a day full of angels!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the primary program too. We haven't had our ward program yet. How did you record it? I'd like to give it a try.

Jennifer said...

Angels, truly. I cry over and over just listening to them singing and seeing their shining faces and hearing their pure voices speaking the truth. The Spirit is always with them. Hands down my fave Sunday of the year!

Lori Hurst said...

Vicki - As I mention all the time, I carry a small camera with me wherever I go. You are seeing a lovely shot of my black dress while I recorded it: 1) being fuzzy on the rules of filming in the chapel, and 2) I knew I wanted to put it on my blog and I don't put other peoples children on my blog - so just my trusty baby camera!

Cherri said...

As to the rules - can record sound, should not record pictures, so I think you are okay. I love this Sunday most of all too - ours was last week, and I just had tears running down my cheeks through the songs - the kids sang with such a sweet spirit and bore such strong testimony of God.

Sarah said...

I LOVE that you recorded that! It sounded so beautiful. They did such a great job today but I am glad it's over for another year.

kimberly said...

I usually despise going to church with the parents because there are sooooooooo many children in that ward. (Also? The last time I went, I was the ONLY single woman in RS. And the lesson was on motherhood. I almost walked out.)

But I would have actually loved to see the Primary program. Little kids singing are precious. I might have teared up during that recording...

Court said...

Thanks Lori--we had over 100 children with speaking parts. No small job, but we wanted every last one of them to have their time to shine. They are all such fun little people with their own personalities. Primary is definitely my favorite place to be.

I'm glad you had a fun day with Jessie. She IS a special kind of angel.