03 October 2009

This and That


Every year Brisbane has what is called a 'River Fire' and this year it was on Sept 12th or somewhere near it since that was the day my niece got married and we were not going to be in Brisbane for it. I pulled a couple of photos off the web to show it. It would have been fun to see - as in the second photo - our apartment is sitting there on the left of the photo - we would have ring side seats ... but not to happen.




The weird thing was when I got back in this time, I noticed the bridge lights were red not white like they had been. Gary and I argued about it for a day and then he came to his senses and said, yeah, they had been white before.

What I wonder is why? Christmas is not for months. Why?

Who knows. I shot a panorama this morning that shows the red just a titch but it is also not in focus so crappy panorama:

Also, every Sunday there are hot air balloons. One day we will go on one!

And I thought I would mention the flowers. This time they are roses and will definitely not make it the entire time I am here. I might just have to go back and buy me some myself when these die:

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope you find out why the lights changed color because I'm intrigued. And that event would have been something to see, especially from the view of ya'lls apartment.