22 October 2009

A Standoff With a Two Year Old ...


Yeah, yeah, I don't have a two year old, but Charlie is creepy smart - it FEELS like I have a two year old ... albeit a very hairy one.

She likes to play bouncy ball, as I have mentioned and I told her today that it is too wet. She understands a lot of what I say - since she does what I am asking her to do, but she refused to acknowledge this. She would jump up and down and make me follow her to the drawer with the balls in it on the ruse she needed to go out and do her business several times. I told her that her feet would get muddy - she refused to understand this one also and kept it up and kept it up, until ...

... I cracked and got a ball. We went out and after about 5 throws her feet were soaking and I told her this was 'the last time' which she does understand and runs to the door instead of me after getting the ball. This time? Apparently she is feeling ripped off because she is sitting in the middle of the backyard, ball in her mouth and refuses to come inside.

So - happily it is just a dog that refuses to listen to me and not a toddler - because I am thinking she is sleeping out there tonight with her ball ...

A few shots of Charlie lounging away on her favorite couch set. The second one just baffles the mind that she could actually be comfortable. She let me take 3 shots with my phone, walk over get the camera, turn it on and take 3 more with a flash and never moved.



Anyone want a dog?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

After the shower/deodorant debacle, I'm sure I would've had my toddler sleep in the backyard with the ball.

I think Charlie is a camera hound.

Kristie said...

I have a dog, thanks, but I could bring you a two year old if you would like!

kimberly said...

She's awfully precious, isn't she?

Laura said...

She may be a pain, but she is one cute dog! And you know you would miss her if she weren't there with you.

Liz said...

i'll take your dog if you'll take my cross-eyed cat that keeps leaving rats on my damn doorstep! your neighbors would have somethin to say if you left your toddler in the backyard with a ball all night!