10 October 2009

Like, Where's Shamu?


Went to Sea World today. There was no Shamu - what gives? I thought all Sea Worlds had a Shamu? The problem may lie in the fact that the last time Gary and I were actually at a Sea World was when we lived in LA in 1984 - so there's that ... but ... I miss Shamu!

But, I LOVED the dolphins. They had an excellent show and we went twice. I had so many action shots I made it into a slide show. Gary was my assistant photographer and made a bunch of mini films the second time around - I picked a very good one. So a very ambitious blog - slide show, photos, blathering, and a movie.

We had a thoroughly fun day. Got a wee bit sunburned - but knew that was going to happen. Something about that lack of an ozone layer down here down under and you WILL get burned without sunscreen.

So - LOTS of photos of dolphins - but they were the show stealer's - you could actually feel them want to perform. You could see spare ones in other pens doing flips and such just for fun, and we went to the dolphin nursery and they are very friendly, inquisitive and talkative - their little clicks for communication are to die for!



The Shark Habitat had an underwater viewing area that we really, really enjoyed.



You can't tell, but this dude is HUGE! Sort of the Jaws shark:


Gary waited in line for the log flume ride so I could get an action shot of him ... now that is love:


Apparently the upper polar bear is ready to be made into a rug - the lower bear was swimming laps - it was hysterical - he / she would do a flip at the wall and push off just like my swimmer Gary does!








3 comments:

Kristie said...

What they can't have Shamu down under? He is still the main attraction at all the other parks. Looks like you guys had a great time anyway!

Cherri said...

I loved the shot with the dolphins pushing the guys out of the water. What a rush to have that power behind you!

Sarah said...

Those polar bears are so cute! Sounds like you two had a lot of fun. Was the log ride the only ride ya'll went on?