10 October 2009

And He's Off!!!


4:30am Sunday morning: Gary getting ready to go queue for his group in the 'Bike Thingy' (more on this in a bit). He is in the round of second fastest riders so needs to be there at 5:30am. Dress, eaten, ready to go.

Lori: "I think I will take a pre-shot."

Gary: "Of me, like if I die on the ride?"

Lori: "No ... of my new lilies before they open"

Gary: "Oh"

Lori: "But then again ...." snap:

Got my lilies too.

He's now out the door and queuing with about 5000 other riders - some have come 1/2 hour earlier - those faster than 30K / hour - he is in the 25 - 30K / hour. I read the write up on this Thingy and it is called the Brisbane to Gold Coast Bike Challenge and clearly stipulates that it is not a race and goes on further to state anyone 'caught' racing will be removed from the ride. Crazy Aussies - A finish line? Ten Thousands riders? And SOMEONE is going over that line first - that is a guarantee.

It's a race ...

(send good thoughts down under - in 4 -5 hours I am hoping to see my hubbie alive and looking somewhat well ...)

2 comments:

A.J. said...

Lori, I guarentee you if you put three people together on machinery designed to fast, and at least two of them has a Johnson, you have a race on your hands. Nationality has very little to do with it! Goodluck to your Johnson sporting, biker.

Sarah said...

Good luck Gary! And nice legs!