09 January 2009

What!?!

So Gary and I are in the truck driving somewhere tonight and he is talking about some things he needs to do and uses the phrase 'since I am going to be gone for four weeks out of the next five' and continues on. I'm sort of paying attention, saying uh huhn, yeah ... whatever. Then I hear it again 'I am going to be gone four weeks out of the next five' and this time it actually sticks to my brain.

Me: "Whoa, back the horse up Nelly ... WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?'

Gary: "I needed to get the scout camp reservation done?"

Me: "No, the part with the four weeks out of the next five"

Gary: "What? I'm going to be gone four weeks out of the next five." Then he proceeds to give me his itinerary. "I told you this." He says.

Me: "You told me you were going to Australia on Sunday for two weeks, the rest, I don't think so, or I wasn't paying attention."

Probably the latter, but either way I am screwed. Have you noticed how weird I get when he is gone? Yeah, multiply that by, well, a bunch. Prepare for major rambling on my blog.

I'm in trouble.

4 comments:

Laura said...

As your friend, I'm sorry he's leaving you for so long.

As a rabid reader of your blog, well, I'm prepared for a lot of posting and entertaining reading!

Shel said...

Lori, I feel your pain on a milder note... James will be gone for the next 3 weeks. My only reprieve is that he comes home on the weekends, BUT the kids and I will be going to Frisco to see my parents next weekend, so there goes that one. I should work in some time to come visit with you and learn a little photoshop ;)

I look forward to reading your "rambling" on your blog.. I enjoy it!

Jennifer said...

Ditto Laura.

Liz said...

Your blog followers are here for you. We'll listen to any and all ramblings happily.