16 January 2009

The Sonic Conundrum

So ... Charlie's been very demanding about her morning ride this week and I had started to find something odd on our outings ... So started keeping track ...

Ended up at Sonic every single time, weird huh? What's even weirder is the price. I always order a Route 44 size diet coke with cherry and lime, easy ice, please (or they will fill the entire cup and you have nothing to drink all day but melted water ...) and every time they 'quote' me a price:

Monday: $1.24
Tuesday: $1.18
Wednesday: $1.35
Thurday: $1.50
Friday: $1.40

So, what is this? They just get to randomly pick a number? Add what they think they deserve as a tip? I honestly don't know how much the price of a Route 44 drink should be in the morning and I know that mine is a difficult order - I think the cherry and lime are maybe supposed to be 10 cents each and maybe they charge me maybe not and maybe if you just go easy on the ice they add in a 'dumb customer request' charge - I don't know, but if anyone out there knows how much this should cost, I'm thinking I would really like to know....

5 comments:

Laura said...

I've had the same thing happen at Sonic. I'll get a drink at happy hour, and it will be different prices different days. But, like you, I never question it at Sonic - I just pay what they say, then wonder about it later.

Liz said...

Ya'll need to tell Sonic what's up! If they are going to get your hard-earned money every day, they need to do some splainin' Lucy!

Lori Hurst said...

Laura, not that I EVER go twice in a day (like today after Ladies Luncheon) or anything but it is always $1.18 for me in the afternoon.

Jennifer said...

That is crazy talk. I've never even noticed.

Lori Hurst said...

Yes, I talk crazy ALL THE TIME, but I assure this is happening and not conjured up in my very damaged brain. Actually the Sonic over in Pecan Grove is much more stable in their pricing system, so you probably don't want to drive all the way over to our new one.