06 January 2009

"Girly Stuff"

I've been busy keeping my mind off this anxious feeling that is apparently there for no reason whatsoever. Jessie is fine, I don't seem depressed, just this panicked feeling. Not a full blown panic attack, just ... anxious - like something bad is coming. So I have been learning scrapbooking.

It seemed a 'not me' kind of thing, but in looking - it seems to make your web pages and blog sites look ever so much nicer. So while I didn't think I did 'girly things', I definitely like how it looks!

So, while everyone slept these last 4 nights, I scoured the web, found some wonderful websites on digital scrapbooking, found tons of free graphics and taught myself the 'girly' parts of Adobe Photoshop and Corel Paint Shop Pro. For some reason, hoarding, downloading and organizing my ever growing file system of graphics seemed to envelope me in a comforting blanket of peace and while I was doing it - I was calm. I have absolutely no idea why. I am seeing double from averaging 2 hours of sleep for the last 5 days, but hey! I have graphics!

I have definitely put a dent in my hard drive - so I need to stop. Decided I needed to get busy doing something rather than preparing to do something. And since my only goal for this site other than rambling is to never show any part of my body but my feet - I needed to come up with an alternate source of photos to fill in all the pretty frames I downloaded.

I get an e-mail from Real Simple Magazine every day with a quote of the day. This was the one for today so I decided to get my virtual scissors and glue some stuff on a virtual piece of paper and just see how it turned out. (Like the quote too):
It needs work, but for being sleep deprived and a beginner ... well, lets just say I have room to improve.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I like the quote, and I love the the one picture!

Laura said...

I sent too soon. The page looks very pretty. You're really getting this "girly" stuff!

Shel said...

Lori, you rock!!! I love it that you scrapbooked Albert Einstein!!! Sweet! I still find joy in scrapbooking the "old fashioned" way, but would love to dabble in the digital world, so like I said before, I may pick your brain now and again! Your talent is amazing...everything looks fabulous!!! I'm happy you found this and are enjoying it and that it has been calming!

Shel-

Liz said...

I love that we all have our ways to "legally" medicate and soothe outselves. When I have that "impending doom" feeling I like to pick through the masses of people's old junk at the thrift store or look at old family photos, especially from my childhood. I don't know why but these things comfort me and remind me there's more to life than just the moment I'm currently surviving. Something about the past makes me less afraid of the future. Thanks for sharing. I hope you get sleep soon, or continue being productive in the throes of sleeplessness!