31 January 2009

Tag

Thought I would play Tag (Laura/Michelle) since I am supposed to be making an Enrichment Newsletter and don't want to:

1. What’s your favorite children’s book?
“Amelia Bedelia” I love words and I like how this book (and the series) plays with them.

2. What’s your favorite type of cake?
Cheesecake!

3. What are your 3 best qualities?
I have no clue. You tell me.

4. Do you think you're a kind person?
I try very hard to be. But, again, I don't know.

5. What color is your toothbrush?
White with green (electric).

6. Who was your first TV crush?
Stuart Peterson (Against a Crooked Sky …. Actually in the temple film)

7. If you had to choose one celebrity couple to hang out with for the holidays, who would it be?
I wouldn’t want to hang out with a celebrity couple. Don’t understand why someone would. Wait!!! I have one: Mireille Enos and Alan Ruck (sidekick of Matthew Broderick in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) because I want to ask Mireille why she married him. (I taught Mireille in Young Womens in Mission Bend for those who don’t know her)

8. What's your all-time favorite, most-repeated movie quote?
Can’t think of one…

9. What was your least favorite class in school?
History, didn’t see the point. Now I love learning about the history of a place I am visiting.

10. What was the last thing that made you laugh uproariously?
When I first spied my froggy coin purse / key chain.

11. If you had to choose between a million bucks or the ability to fly, which one would you choose?
Hands down - the ability to fly!

12. Where were you when 9-11 happened?
Working at Shell’s Westhiemer’s Research Laboratory. We saw it on the Internet. After the second plane hit, I went home and watched on TV.

13. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Get very angry and curse (you had to have read Laura's...). Then I kick the machine for good measure.

14. Can you change the oil on a car?
Yes:
Step1:Get in car
Step 2: Drive to oil change place
Step 3: Read really crappy magazines for 20 minutes
Step 4: Write out a check
Step 5: Drive home

15. Do you like to cook?
Despise cooking (mainly because my boys despise my cooking).

16. Would you rather wake up after surgery and find that they’ve accidentally given you Barbra Streisand’s nose or Dolly Parton’s breasts?
If I pick Dollys breasts, can I have the waist to go with it?

19. What are you wearing?
What? I’m surfing the web on a Saturday morning, shirking my duties ... I’m in my prom dress, of course.

20. What kind of bear is the best?
Ok, I know, I am being difficult, but this is the first thing that came to mind. Bjørn is ‘bear’ in Norwegian. Since the children in Norway take the transit system to school and special need children could not navigate it, taxi drivers volunteered to take these kiddos to school. They received special training on their own time and are hands down the neatest people you will ever run into. Jessie’s taxi driver was named Bjørn. He was very kind, gentle and I never saw him without a huge smile on his face. Bjørn’S THE BEST 'bear' I know.

21. What’s the last book you finished?
“HTML, XHTML, and CSS - Your visual blueprint for designing effective Web pages”

22. What fictional character is most like you?
Like, from the last book I read? Hmmmm . . .
I can’t come up with someone if ANY fictional character is fair game

23. Do you like to dance?
No.

24. What did you have for dinner LAST NIGHT?
Didn’t have dinner last night.

25. What’s your favorite painting?
‘Woman with a Water Jug’ by Johannes Vermeer – mainly any of his paintings that depict a domestic scene with sunlight shining in from a window (and / or any of his paintings where he uses the camera obscura technique)

26. If you could have any hair in the world, what kind would you want?
Long, curly and no gray in it!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Three of your top qualities:

1. HONESTY.

2. Gorgeous, piercing eyes.

3. Sexy hair.

Lori Hurst said...

Thanks Jen! And I didn't even have to bribe you or anything!

Court said...

I loved your #20 answer! It is my firm belief that Heavenly Father has GOBS of blessings in store for kind-hearted folks like Bjorn.

To add to your great qualities list:

4. You like to learn new things.

5. You are always wearing some sort of spectacular lip gloss.

6. You are not afraid to alphabetize.

7. You try really hard despite challenges.