04 January 2009

Jessies' Visit

As per our usual Sunday schedule Jessie was here. Gary has been frustrated that I have not done more with her when she is here. They usually watch a movie, and childrens movies are really not my thing I can't stand sitting through one. I know I should spend more time with her, but shushing her during a movie doesn’t really sound like quality time to me.

I came up with a brilliant idea today – have Jessie surf Disney.com while I worked (ok, played) on my computer. Since they are both at separate desks in our office, I was right there to get her out of jams and we talked the entire time she was ‘surfing’.

It was enjoyable and she did occasional ‘fly bys’ to see Gary – so everyone was involved and spending time with each other. And for all you out there going ‘She is on the computer on Sunday?’ Hell yeah – it keeps me sane.

I snapped a few photos of her while she was here. She looks thinner to me, but I see her every week. Let me know if you think she looks like she is losing weight. She is on a restricted diet and I think it is working (and the fact that she cannot raid the pantry at RSS).

I like the photo. It is very difficult to get a good picture of Jessie so I will take what I can get.

Four nights ago I had a horrific night of very unsettling dreams. I cannot really remember all of them but I know that some included Jessie and I woke very disturbed. It has haunted me enough for the past 3 nights that I have avoided going to bed. The first night I didn’t go at all and the other two I went to bed between three and four and was up by seven since my dreams in the daytime are never good.

I couldn’t put my finger on what was bothering me, but I was just anxious about her, so seeing her today - looking well dressed, clean, etc, having her give me a tour of her room, finding everything there and in its place helped me a great deal. I haven’t gone so far as to say sleep is an option … but I am getting there …

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love this picture of Jessie. She looks so good! Her face looks alot thinner to me and of course, I can't really see her body. I'm praying for good, dream-free sleep for you soon. And I allow computer on Sunday for much lesser reasons.

Laura said...

I think Jessie looks great. And I agree that her face looks thinner.

I am glad you found something to do that both of you can enjoy and lets you spend time together.

I hope you slept better last night. There is nothing worse than being kept up by troubling dreams or thoughts.

Sarah said...

Jessie looks great! She totally looks thinner. I'm sorry about the bad dreams though. I hope you will be sleeping better soon.