26 January 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I was 'tagged' in facebook (sorry y'all that I tagged - hope you don't mind) and thought I would post it here also:

1. Worked on a top-secret project for the Air Force when I worked at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

2. Went into anaphylactic shock while administering IV antibiotics to myself

3. Speak, but mainly read Norwegian

4. Love reading books on forensics medicine

5. Have a huge fear of being hit by a train

6. Like to design / write code for web sites for fun

7. Was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

8. Love to take photographs, but only of landscapes with no people in them

9. Am left handed but right footed

10. Buy self help books but never read them

11. Have a pathological fear of singing in public

12. Want to go on a cruise to the Mediterranean alone and take a ton of photos

13. Was passed by a smart car while driving on the autobahn in Germany

14. Lettered in gymnastics in High School

15. Am horribly, painfully shy (even though I try to hide it)

16. Worked at Morton Thiokol (makes Space Shuttle solid booster rockets) when the Challenger disaster occurred

17. Can write backwards as fast as I can write forwards (mirror image)

18. Have never had a female coworker at any of my jobs (degree in highly technical area of computer science)

19. Have never fallen asleep sitting up (ie in an airplane, at a desk, chair etc)

20. Currently in remission of stage 3 Lyme disease

21. Have an extensive collection of jewelry (gold, sliver, semi precious/precious stones and crystal) with over 1000 pairs of earrings alone (and rarely wear them)

22. Learned to speed read but don’t do it often (out of practice)

23. Have had a non-stop headache since being pregnant with my 18 year old son (and no, it is not my sons fault!)

24. Want to go back to school and get another bachelors or a masters degree

25. Love to laugh, especially with my husband

If you are reading this ... consider yourself tagged (but only if you want to be).

3 comments:

Shel said...

It's fun to learn all these neat things about you, Lori! These posts are cool... we get to know things about each other that we may otherwise not ever find out.. I realize some are not too fun (the sicknesses.. headaches, Lyme disease, etc.. ), but some are intriguing. I have a lot of self help books, too and love buying them. I have read some, but would have to admit that most go unread, I do love them for some reason, though. Your jewelry collection sounds amazing! You also have an interesting collection of goodies that Gary brings you back from his travels (but we all know about those ;)

Carol Beck said...

sorry about the karioke at the new years eve party!

Carol Beck said...

i also like self help books and for 2 years straight after i had my nervous breakdown that's all i read. i tend to just collect them now also. we should all get together sometime and compare our collections!
i also have a lot of jewelry but nothing to compare to yours i don't think! i don't wear all of it that often either. mostly i wear james avery! love james avery!