05 January 2009

Grrrrrrrr....

I received a package today for Jessie from the Hart's. They are: Gary's sister Cherri, her husband Steve and their youngest daughter Ashley. The note says that Ashley wanted to send Jessie a Christmas Box. It is a wonderful assortment of Disney Princess stuff that she will LOVE. The note is written (I think) by Steve and signed Steve and Ashley - but I am assuming Cherri was not being a conscientious objector or anything...

So ... you ask - why the 'Grrrrr'? Well, I'm reading this lovely note and they mentioned that they sent it to us since last time they sent something to her, they were not sure if she got it. "LAST TIME"?!? Arrrrrr - I am so mad that I didn't know or that Richmond State School didn't tell me, or ... I don't know. I don't know if they should be required to tell me, but there it is again - stuff happening and me not knowing about it. This is especially frustrating because of the 'Thank You' issue. We didn't know, so we did not thank them - and most of all - had we known, we would have had Jessie call.

Cherri is the only one of my siblings / siblings-in-law that actually reads my blog on a regular basis - and Cherri - I don't want you to feel bad that I am frustrated. I am thrilled you sent something to Jessie. I am sure she loved what ever you sent last time! Sorry I didn't know about it. I will give you a call, and better yet - Jessie will give Ashley a call next Sunday (as soon as I get her number).

I guess we will have to work kinks like this out. I guess I can ask them to hold any packages for Jessie, then I would know and could ... oh, and there it is right there. Was going to say "control the situation." That in a nutshell is what is hard giving up: control. And here I was thinking I was not a control freak.

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Don't grrrr! It was totally okay that you didn't know, didn't thank, whatever. We do it for Jessie, not for the thanks. I just didn't understand that she was going to come home every weekend after things settled down, and read that your mom had a package sent to your house, so realized that was a better option. This control issue doesn't get any better no matter how old the child or what their capacity - I was just on one of my children's case about a thankyou call they should have made, and this child is married!

We hope she likes it - Steve and Ashley did do all the work of shopping, and Steve did all the work of shipping, so they should get all the credit! I do have to remind him to send things that Jessie can't destroy in two minutes, so hopefully he complied.

Marci said...

I read your blog on a regular basis - MKP