10 January 2009

Lost Angels

Took the tree down today. It's a start. OK, I cannot put it away and since Gary is going to be gone for two weeks, well, it was time. The ex-garden area is looking very empty:

My job was to take off the ornaments. Most have their very own box - partly because I am anal and partly because I have collected them from all over and came in boxes, so why not store them in them - it identifies it and is generally form fitted to the ornament. Anyway ... I'm boxing up my ornaments and I keep looking for the Swarovski boxes thinking I should take my most expensive / breakable angels off first before they plummet to the ground ... and the boxes are no where to be found. I vaguely remember putting them somewhere so that I would remember where they were. That worked out really well. Why I didn't put them in the trunk with all the other empty boxes beats me. So my angels are lost, laying on my very cluttered desk looking forlorn, and fragile.

Sometimes I wonder if I really even have a brain at all ...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hate when that happens. I put something in a specific place so I won't lose it and then I forget the specific place I picked. I go to all my usual "specific" places and still can't find it. I've found this trick that makes me look crazy but it totally works. I say out loud where I'm putting something and it seems to stick better in my brain. "I'm putting my keys in the fruit bowl!" Then, later when I'm thinking "where are my keys?" I remember hearing myself say they are in the fruit bowl. I know its ridiculous but it works for me.

Laura said...

At least you lost the boxes, and not the angels themselves!

And, I hate it when I do that - put something somewhere so I can find it easily, and then have no idea where I put it.