22 January 2009

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

Now this is love. I laughed hysterically when I saw him ... doesn't he look sorta .... mad? Maybe because he was made into a coin purse key chain:

Seriously a coin purse - there is a zipper you can't see (and I have yet to touch) that Gary opened and stuffed the frog body full of tissues to give him a 3 dimensional form. Now, picture him with front legs - yeah Gary says they sell those too, but instead of being a key chain, it has a string to put it around your neck - go figure. I'm thinking I am going to need one of those too.

Here's the thing ... I have a trunk full of key chains: my key chain collection, and I didn't have a single amphibian part at all in the entire collection. Now I do! Two since he brought me a surprise - a genuine frogs foot key chain:
You wouldn't know it from these, but I am a frog fan. A big one - had frog pets growing up and everything. This is maybe a wee bit off the mark for someone who likes frogs as much as I do, but I couldn't pass this one up.

And just so you know since you only have photos: they smell .... funky!

9 comments:

Shel said...

Oh... my.... goodness.... there was no way I could have pictured what that was gonna look like! Your collection is definitely one of a kind, Lori. He brought you a bonus frog foot, wow! You're right, that is Love!

Laura said...

I really don't even know what to say. Those are simply incredible and icky (yes I did say icky) all at the same time! I'm not sure I could ever work up the courage to touch them!

Val and Marceil said...

Hey, I didn't see any seamless purses from Ausieland.

Dad

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, he brought me home a seamless coin purse. We had used all the others as white elephant gifts (to the extreme delight of the recipients). I left a photo of my coin purse in an earlier blog and decided I was grossing everyone out enough today.

Abra Leah Cross said...

Um. Wow. Y'all are special! :)

Sarah said...

That is DISGUSTING. I don't think I could sleep if I even knew those were lurking somewhere in my house and I don't think I could EVER get up the nerve to touch it. I don't have to worry about it though b/c I would have the ability to touch one of those things waaaaaay before Angelo ever would. You should see how he acted the couple times a real toad jumped into the house. I almost peed my pants.

Lori Hurst said...

Y'all are such ... girls!! He is ADORABLE! I'm sure once I give him a name that dissaproving look on his face will realax. Really ...

Laura said...

I'm sure he's not feeling so adorable - since he has no legs, you know. Poor toady...

Lori Hurst said...

Laura - you are probably right. That's why when Gary goes back in 1 week, I am going to make him get me one with legs!