14 July 2009

The Things We Do For Love ...

So ... as I said in an earlier post - Gary wants me to bring over a projector for him. I don't want to research these and we have to order it the day after he was called to get it in time - so Ryan starts to research which one to get.

When Gary gets a break at work, he calls us up and we teleconference about which projector to get. OK, I was not totally paying attention as they talked about things ... SVGA cables, screen size and whatnot - I was just not interested.

Ryan had narrowed it down to 3 and so we were all at our respective desks - looking at each projector at amazon.com that Ryan recommended.

Seriously - up until a ginormous box showed up on our porch yesterday, I thought we were getting this one:

OK, even after it showed up, I still THOUGHT that was what were were SUPPOSED to get. I was sure a mistake was made. When Ryan came home I asked him and he said 'No' we got the other one. Gary also knew we got the 'other' one.

Well, the 'other' one is ginormous, weighs 10 pounds (the puppy above weighs 1.9 pounds) and will be the best overall projector - but, by no means the most portable! I'm supposed to carry this on? With all my other electronics?


What?!?

Yeah ... I have some packing magic to do here in an hour or so, but right now - just looking at its ginormous-ness - I am heading back to bed for an hour ...

2 comments:

Shel said...

Wazuga... putting a wrench in my packing would make me need to shut down for a while, too. I hope it all works out for for ya' so you can have a nice comfy flight to have your lil' laptop to watch and all your fun new reading material. I know that horrendous long flight is no bueno. Looking forward to the pics and updates :)

Laura said...

You're going to have SOOOO much fun in the airport!