31 July 2009

"I Love To See The Temple"



Ok, Ok, didn't mean to harass anyone with my last post, just hadn't reviewed my photos yet ...

That being said - I realized on my way to the Botanical Gardens, watching the temple get closer and closer to me, that I was going there to get the perfect shot of the Brisbane Temple. A perfect shot, for me, would include it being framed by a circle of leaves, a crisp photo, well, a bunch of stuff - I'm picky.

As I kept sight of it, I realized that I would be hitting the bend that it was on and be just across the river from it - the closest I could get without being on the other side (or in a boat). All of a sudden, I was in the rain forest of the Botanical Gardens full of bamboo and no way to see out.

Darn, I was hoping for that great pic! And then I spied a wooden walkway down on the water, through the bamboo - but didn't know how to get down to it. When I found the entrance, I decided I would do it on my way back and finished the Botanical Gardens - which is a good thing since I saw the coolest poinsettia bushes. Then headed for the walk way.

I was humming "I Love to See the Temple" and acting about as weird as I usually do on walks, or, well anywhere, but very few people around to frighten. I still could not see the temple and thought the trip was going to be a bust, when I rounded a corner and there was the temple, framed in leaves:


So I started taking photos. Took a bunch and brought them home. Went through the flower ones first and posted them - thus the cryptic ending to my last post ... and moved on to the temple photos.

To my dismay ... the perfect shot was not in them. I had tried:
And tried:


Tried some more:


And more:


And more:



Without boats:



Or with boats:


A good photo was no where to be found:

Oh well, I had fun trying.




... maybe next time ...

4 comments:

Shel said...

It is a beautiful view of the Temple. The scenery there is just gorgeous!

Kristie said...

I know I don't have the photographer mindset like you, but I think all of those pictures where pretty close to perfect. They are beautiful!

Laura said...

I agree with Kristie - I think all of those pictures are beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Ditto.