10 July 2009

Let's Play Spot the Coffee Table ...

So, if you didn't read my comments on Thursdays Rant - I re potted my plants, then left them outside to burn - the pansy wimps. Just look at the leaves on this little guy - how does anything survive in the sun if some puppies turn black when left in the sun for an hour? I took off the solid black leaves, but I have never seen a plant spontaneously burn ...
So, after I went out and noticed them 'smoking', I hurriedly brought them inside and literally left them right where I set them inside the door.

The house is a mess and I was not feeling all that hot today (and by mess, I mean how it gets when no one lives here but just bits and pieces get left around that need to be put up - nothing major - I know - I'm not a total freak) so I ignore it until Alma (a pregnant Alma - ahhhh! I really hope she keeps cleaning after she has the baby, and that is evil of me, but I am really happy with her and I am too lazy to find someone new) came to clean my house.

I then pretty much put a few things away on Gary's desk then threw all my extra stuff in my closet and shut the door and called the house clean ... except for pots scattered through out the family room area and a lonely 'coffee table / plant stand' looking pretty 'uncoffee table-ish'. SO - very LONG story for this wee bit of explanation: drug the trees apart, Ryan and I set the table down and then proceeded to plunk potted plants down without matching, paying attention to size, just plunked them down with no rhyme or reason - willy nilly and called the family room 'clean'.

Just walked by and I cannot see the table and that just seems wrong. My plants also need some work, but here is where the table is going to live:

It needs something ... more plants? Note the scary plant on the left - it just keeps growing and I just keep putting hooks on the walls and draping it. I call her Audry III...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Audrey III - you just made me want to go to the dentist.

For as much as you say you kill plants, you have a ton. If I look closely, I can see a little table leg making an appearance. So you must need a plant there.

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, I have plant issues.

Two 'gardens' in my house are supposed to make up for living on 2 1/2 acres of land in Norway. It's really not working all that well....

I just sort of need them - so I kill them and replace them and pretend that I have 'real' gardens in a decent climate so I can enjoy them!

We have had the trees since we moved in (ficus) in 2006 and I have not killed them yet! Although they never actually look like that want to live ...