01 July 2009

Closing out June

I know, y'all probably think I blog every little thought that pops in my head, but actually, I hold myself back quite a bit! I wonder what that says about me?


Anyhooo - as promised - a coveted photo of a couple of my nephews in a field of flowers. Of course had I been on the hike I would have taken this photo, THEN waited patiently until everyone had wandered off and taken the photo without anyone in it since I tend to prefer landscapes - lonely landscapes I guess ...

(Photo by Gary Hurst)

As for closing out June - my father makes a calendar with his photos for us every year for Christmas. He had it printed at a new shop this year and June had a quote at the bottom since it had the space of Wed - Sat empty. I hadn't read it until right before my vacation with extended family - which I have spoken about before, so won't expound...

The quote: "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring close-knit family in another city."

Come to find out - Dad picked the quote and put it on this month because of the vacation. Naughty, Naughty Dad!

BUT, OH MY ... SO TRUE!!!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Hey Lori! I totally remember you...and since we are both "confessing" I must admit that I have blog stalked you a few times as well...

I am so glad you visited and I hope you are okay with me adding you as a friend on my blog list..I would love to keep up with you and yours...

and I will TOTALLY tell my family hi for ya! Take Care!

Cherri said...

Steve has mentioned that distance thing about families too - he loves his sisters, and especially loves that they are at least 3 hours away and he is not in the middle of any arguments - just hears about them afterwards.

We do wish you guys lived a little closer though . . . at least in the same country!

Jennifer said...

I keep thinking about your lonesome feelings. I'm glad there are nephews in the photo.

LOVE the quote. Funny, since I have crammed as much family as I can into the ward. I love that, too. Perhaps it is because I'm the crazy one - maybe THEY would like to keep me in another city. Tough luck. I was here first.