25 July 2009

Friday, Saturday & Sunday ...


all rolled into one ...

Friday:

Didn't go out since I serendipitously woke up to an e-mail from JJA on Enrichment stuff and realized that I had not even started my calendar and newsletter - thus did that all day - even calling LC at 10:45pm at the potluck party to harass her about book club!

Feeling very 'righteous' after that and Gary and I headed for the Temple. At the garage, he turns and asks me "Do you have your temple recommend?". Note: THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO ASK!!! Ask when I am at home, when I can get it, not 2 seconds away from the friendly gentleman who kindly offers to call the states and get my bishop out of bed and harass him for me. As fun as that sounded, the new bishop probably would only be able to guess if I had one, and it was only 10 minutes away - but fighting rush hour traffic - although we can see the temple from out apartment, we were not going to make it for that hours session. We came back an hour later and I decided to snap a photo of the 'squeaky clean' garage (complete with an entrance there full of beautiful plants, pictures on the wall - very homey ... or well, churchy):

Saturday was a road trip. I was not feeling so hot so we were hoping to get a few waterfalls in. After throwing up in a bag (one of my FAVORITESTS things to do) we hiked a few minutes to this: Perlingbrook Falls:


We then headed to Natural Bridge Falls - after thinking that a natural bridge was an arch - I couldn't figure out why it was named that - until I realized that it was just an arch on the ground!




A professional photo shoot was going on and it was very interesting. The model was sitting on rocks in a river that had to feel like ice water. It was probably 10 degrees C so about 40 degrees F - cold! We had jackets on and we were hiking through a rain forest to get there. I can't imagine how she did this without turning blue or having her teeth chatter. Does not look like a fun job.

For some inexplicable reason - the photographer had her pick up a pair of scissors and start cutting up the dress ... ART ... I guess:

I did not see this, Gary and I had separated, but he watched her wade through water up to her pelvis - eek! Cold!


Continued to take photos of Natural Bridge Falls - we had come down a bazillion stairs and I was delaying going back up again - still not feeling so hot....


As I mentioned, we were hiking through a rain forest. This is a tree where vines have braided themselves around a giant fig tree and will eventually kill it, leaving just the lacy braid of the vines behind (the vines are huge!):

Here is just one of the trees in the Rain Forest - with Gary standing by it. They were large!

This is some vines trying to find a host I guess, they are about 12 - 18 inches across and look like giant ropes lying about:


We left there and headed for lunch - not that I was very hungry - but the scenery was great:

PONIES!!!!


There were 3 lorakeets in the trees for a while and I never got a good 'shot' off:



We were VERY BAD and fed the local wildlife!




The birds were fun - I am sure they wanted to kick us out, but still fun! I drove a bit on the way home and HATED it. Got home, was really very ill and walked straight into bed and stayed there until now - Sunday afternoon just getting up to throw up! (The trip was worth it, though)

Had noticed my flowers as I stumbled past last night were working on the last two buds opening but not there yet. When I finally got up, the process was final:

I REALLY, REALLY like my flowers ... can you tell? Gary has it so easy - I am very easy to please:

So that gets me up to date - it is about 3:30 Sunday afternoon - y'all are sleeping Saturday night away and will get up and live your own Sunday - hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Shel said...

That is such a bummer that you have not been feeling good. Those falls are gorgeous. That is one interesting photo shoot with the scissors, Bizarre! I'm impressed with the totally squeaky clean garage, too.. that is just amazing! I hope you are feeling better.

Laura said...

I'm sorry you were sick. Glad you were still able to get out and see some sights. And pretty sights they were!

I want to see some pictures of the actual temple, and not just the parking garage (as lovely as it is)!

Lori Hurst said...

Laura,

You just have to keep up!! I have a post labeled 'Church' down a few posts and I have a ton of photos of the temple, angel Moroni and the grounds ...

Cherri said...

I didn't see the post about church either! I wish I had known about your flower fetish back when we saw each other more often - I didn't know I could buy your love with flowers!

Court said...

Beautiful pictures & Feel better soon!

Laura said...

I totally missed your whole post about church! I don't know how that happened. Thanks for setting me straight!