20 July 2009

Monday's Adventures

Since I know y'all are dying to know - thought I would recap Monday before heading off to bed.

6:30am - Called Jessie - over at Randall's house after church (yes, it is weird calling and talking to Jessie on Sunday afternoon Monday morning).
6:40am - Tell Gary goodbye and head back to bed (stayed up till 3:00 working out problems with RSS and Randall's picking Jessie up - not that it helped ... and then played with photos)
10:00am - Got back up - headed to the City Cat

City Cat is a boat service that goes up and down the river and stops on alternating sides of the river. It is for tourists and for those just needing to get somewhere. My plan was to get on at the nearest ferry terminal going either way - ride it to the end - turn around, ride it to the other end and then wing it from there. It is about a 2 hour 'round trip'.

I did just that - rode it from end to end and then instead of coming right back, got off a few terminals away and walked home - pin a star on my forehead!!! It was another beautiful day, had a great time seeing more of Brisbane and enjoyed my walk.

Came home to find my lilies Gary had given me had burst - so I had to play and take pictures.

Was a good girl and then finished up some laundry and 'cleaned' up the apartment. Note: when the washer is European size - the loads are small and quick to do. That is the theme here - cleaning - the apartment is small (OK, not really is a very large apartment but a third to a fourth the size of our home) so small and quick to clean. I kind of like coming over here and living the 'simple life' - no closets stuffed to the brim with junk accumulated, no grungy buildup (OK, my house doesn't have that either thanks to Alma), no disorganization set in yet. It should inspire me to go home and simplify ... wonder if I will do it?

Enjoyed a simple dinner with Gary then played with photos, read and just dicked around writing my blog here while Gary put the final touches on his institute class (held on Tuesday nights).

Below is a quick slide show of my day - not very spectacular, but I liked it!

So - will hit 'publish post' and head off to bed on another wonderful day in the land down under ...




Off to dream about Tuesdays adventures ...

5 comments:

Liz said...

That sounds like the lovliest Monday ever! Mine will involve lots of oversized loads of laundrey and scrubbing a filthy, stuff-filled house b/c I have not the ability to simplify! Oh, and I am pinning a big fat star on your forehead for that walk. If you could see my face I would look impressed!

Shel said...

Hey, my day sounds like Liz's! I want mine to sound more like yours. You know there was a theme in your post.... I think simplify or the simple life! We all could use some of that! I'm off to dig myself outta my own house, ugh....

ps.. Liz you put an 'e' in laundry again... when Sarah gets online she's gonna be on your butt :) I figured I'd cover for her while she's having computer problems ;)

Laura said...

I want your Monday! Brisbane is such a beautiful city. I'm enjoying our "Photo Tours by Lori"!

Are you going to ride the Millennium Wheel sometime? And take pictures from the top? That would be cool!

Lori Hurst said...

It is most definately on my "To Do" list!

Court said...

Lori, I'm touring Australia vicariously through you just like I did Norway. So far it's beautiful and I am really enjoying my trip and the weather.

Your apartment building is so cool. I love city living. Keep on keepin' it simple--sounds like that is right up your alley!