30 June 2009

I'm In Trouble ...

See those tables down there? Cute huh? Almost finished, right? All they need are two adorable little drawers to hold remotes, pencils, papers and the list of TV channels should I need to quickly turn to CNN for some breaking news, oh, say like Michael Jackson died and I am assuming whomever is telling me is pulling my leg (unfortunately that one was at the cabin and we had not discovered that it had satellite TV at that point, in fact, we hadn't discovered the family room with the satellite TV in the basement ...). I have no clue where any stations are since I don't watch so it comes in handy since the thing I hate about TV other than just TV itself and reality shows? Surfing, changing the channels one by one by one just watching 5 seconds ... flitting - so I want to know what channel I am going for. Am I rambling? Yes, I am rambling, but so would you - I am avoiding the subject of this blog ....

Back to the 'adorable-ness', the 'almost-finished-ness' of these two lovely ladies. I just have one teensy weensy question:

WHAT IS GARY GOING TO DO THE REST OF THE WEEK?!?
SERIOUSLY, WHAT?

No kidding folks, the man will be rabid .... RABID - spitting, drooling, pacing like a caged animal .... oh, about 20 minutes after he finishes these. I think he was a shark in a previous life - 'cause, seriously - he acts like he is GOING TO DIE if he stops ... EVER.

So, now I need to put on my 'let's keep Gary busy so he doesn't jump off an overpass' hat and I am stumped. He did go buy fertilizer for the lawn, some pipes to raise some of the sprinkler heads that are too low - and JOY! I hear this requires that he dig deep holes around the sprinkler head to get it adjusted - that should take some time, right? RIGHT? I am desperate here ... not an idea in my head .... oh! Jessie's birthday is Sunday - so that, never mind - I don't need to babysit him on Sunday - he can't 'do anything' on Sunday anyway.

I. Cant. Breathe! Panic. Is. Setting. In!

HELP!!!! ME!!!!

(Apparently I should never blog after 9:00pm)

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sure I could think of something he could build for me....

Jennifer said...

Quick! Find a sledgehammer and break something wooden!

kimberly said...

Those are the most adorable tables! I approve.

Leslie said...

I am jealous that you have such a handy man. Thomas and I are ridiculous but I am more handy than he. I cracked the tank on my toilet months ago... I have installed a new toilet that has it's own leaking issue that can be fixed with some kind of ceramic sealant. I have yet to venture out to Home Depot to pick it up. Part of being a good handy person is the willingness to go to Home Depot more than once a month! If you get really desperate, I have a long list (some things over a year old) that he could help me with. I could pay him in brownies or enchiladas. =) Enjoy having your man around.

Lori Hurst said...

Speaking of Home Depot - Gary has been there every day. He forgot something last night and just pulled out of the drive way.

That must be my problem ... Home Depot scares me!