24 June 2009

Crystal View

Well, I'm off in the morning. Off to Denver then to a tiny town in the Rockies (better be in the Rockies - I haven't really checked) ... final destination Crystal View cabin. I am hoping for beautiful weather, breath taking scenery and great photo ops everywhere. I am assuming they don't have Internet. If they do, up there amongst the spectacular mountains, beautiful lakes, wild life, trees ... shame on them. Of course I will use it! But most likely - blog silence until Sunday.

This is a family vacation. And when I say family, I mean FAMILY Vacation. My family. Celebrating my moms 70th birthday. There are reasons that there is at least one state between me and any of my sibs. They think I'm weird, and, well ... I am - and I don't care. We all get along better than when we were growing up - 5 girls and 1 boy all within 10 years of each other - so there is that, but after say 10 minutes ... well, I will try to behave myself.

The plan for this shindig was to stay in my sister Marci and her partner Patti's cabin they were building. The problem with that? It sleeps eight and there are 23 of us going. So another cabin was rented and I believe something was mentioned about an RV park or something - I really don't know. What I do know is that I had volunteered Gary and Ryan for tents way back last year when this was in the planning stages. Me, being the invalid that I am was given a bed or a couch or the floor (I never really got that straight) in Marci and Patti's cabin.

This seemed fine - Gary likes to camp and had even bought the cutest one man sleeping bag / tent combo for scouting. Enter Australia, me not living with my husband, meeting up with him in the Denver Airport ... and splitting up to sleep in the cabin ... alone? And in a tent ... alone?

Nah! E-mailed my sister and told her that I needed to re-think this and thus - we rented our very own cabin: Crystal View:
View of the lake from the deck

View of the deck


View of the Living Room


View of the Kitchen



View of my sisters cabin? NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! Isn't that perfect? The perfect family vacation. We know where they are and will have a blast with them, but at the end of the day? Yeah - Crystal View. Sleeps 8 - in 4 bedrooms. Now that Ryan's not coming because of his job - am I volunteering the rooms? Hell, no! I'm not even going to tell them where it is! I don't even feel selfish or bad about it - evil of me, huh?

OK, not true, I told Marci (being my favoritest sister and all) and Patti they could come and 'detox', veg, cry - what ever they will be feeling the need to do. Brand spanking new cabin, Marci with her OCD and my family of 23 traipsing in and out. It isn't going to be pretty - so I have taken pity on her (and, she rented us the cabin ... she knows where we are!).

Kidding - I am sure everyone will be milling about, but I am hoping to get two separate vacations out of this - a big family vacation and a wonderful vacation with my hubbie! Is that too much to ask?

Wish me luck!



Note: pretty much kidding about my family ...


pretty much

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds wonderful! And I don't blame you a bit for trying to keep your place "secret". You and Gary deserve some alone time.

I am already jealous of the wonderful, cooler weather I'm sure you will be having. Think of us all back here. Sweltering. With no rain in sight. Sigh.