15 June 2009

My 'Little Trooper'

On April 17th I posted 'Final Countdown'. In it I mention that I was holding up (to Gary moving to Australia) by buying flowers and posted some photos of the cutest little baby orchids I had purchased. Last night I took a photo of the final bloom (it is living by some bamboo to keep it company):



To have lasted this long in my house is just short of a miracle. It lived through my two week absence while I visited Gary in Australia in May - thus getting no water or attention at all. I buy orchids, enjoy their beauty and one by one the blooms fall off until I am left with a stubby stick anchored by some lovely thick green leaves. Sometimes I keep them for a while, hoping more blooms will appear - I have a friend who had her orchid re-bloom so I know that it is possible .... but apparently not in my house.

I am not an orchid person - as in I kill them, not that I don't enjoy them - they are one of my favorite flowers - I just don't know how to keep them 'going'. So - for this tiny bloom to make it two months is amazing! I just felt like since it put in the effort to stay alive and keep me happy, I would take some photos of it and waste y'alls time by making you read my post about a scrappy, pink, beautiful little bloom.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww, that sweet little orchid. The flower is lovely, and so are your remixes.

Leslie said...

I too love orchids! I never buy them b/c I know that I will be the cause of their demise. Pretty little bloom, sweet pictures.