28 June 2009

Home!!!

With Gary!



Met him in the Denver airport and off we went to our family vacation. Dudes, this is the ugliest airport I have EVER seen. I had to pull off in traffic after renting the car (before picking Gary up from his flight) in the middle of rush hour traffic just to snap some shots because I couldn't get over the sheer 'oddness' of it:



It's good to be home .... it was sort of 'hurry up and wait' sort of trip the entire time! We went to a beautiful little place called Red Feather, Colorado, in an area called Crystal Lakes. I will post more photos through out the week, but I am tired, and just thought I would hit a few.

First off, I am proud to announce that I DID NOT act like the bitch that I am and not share, nor disclose the location of our cabin. We held the family barbecue at our cabin since we realized it was much bigger than the one my sister and brothers families were staying in. Gary did the honors of 'grillmaster'. Ours was the only one with a view of the lake and thus, had a very large deck, two living areas, 4 bedrooms a couple with sitting areas where the kids could play with their electronic games, 3 bathrooms, 3 tables to eat at ... much too big for the two of us so sharing seemed the smartest thing to do ... just for dinner, of course! For having 22 people there, it didn't seem crowded at all!

I woke up about 4:45am this morning and realized that the sun rose off the deck of our cabin! We wound around so much to get to any of the cabins that I had no idea what direction anything was facing and hadn't noticed where the sun set.

It is a good thing I noticed this just this morning, or I would have been setting alarms and getting even less sleep than I did get - trying to get the 'perfect shot'.

These are not perfect shots, but it is my series of the sunrise this morning:



Another shot: playing with some 'sketching' software:


All in all it was a nice trip. I didn't get as many photo's as I would have like to. Every time I was ready to go on a hike (ie feeling well) my family would take me on some wild ride to get fishing permits or something and an hour and half later - I would be sick to my stomach from being lurched around in a car. My family was not exactly organized when it came to activities, but we were together - laughing, fighting (for fun), joking around, and just enjoying each others company ... and that is really all that matters, isn't it?


I just might steal some of Gary and my Dad's photos though ...

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Did you by chance get a glimpse of the BEAUTIFUL blue mustang with red fiery eyes during your exit from the airport?

Lori Hurst said...

I DID! And the guy taking me over to the rental car place told me all about it. He said it was 50 feet tall and it had been hit by lightning and a tornado.

I was excited to take photos of it on the way back, but the only time I saw it, we were in the rental car van on our way to the airport and there was no opportunity to take a picture. I was very sad...

Laura said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a great trip. It looks beautiful there - lucky you!

Are you enjoying being back in our Houston heat?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for support how I can thank you?