10 June 2009

Piano and Cello

I was lurking on my relatives blogs - jumping from one to another and I stumbled across a title on my nephews wifes blog: "Love Story meets Viva La Vida" and I was curious (I like both songs). It shows the photo below, so I was smart enough to know it was music, and she mentions in her blog she wants to be able to play as well as this pianist.

So I listened. I thought she had made up the title! It is actually titled 'Love Story Meets Viva La Vida' and is beautiful. I, unlike my 'niece-in-law'(?) love the cello. Ryan, before we moved to Norway played the cello and I love the sound of it. Even his practicing was music to my ears. I want to box his ears daily that he gave it up! I don't play a musical instrument and it is times like this that I am jealous that I have not one musical bone in my body! I also was impressed (but this might just be me since I do not play) that there is not a piece of sheet music anywhere.

Give it a chance - it is a little long, but I found that I had cranked my speakers up to their loudest and was not going to listen to the 'story behind the song' at the end, but it was so sweet, I finished the 8 minutes and 4 seconds

...smiling the entire time.

I don't think you read my blog - but thanks Stephanie, you made my day!

And for all you out there tired of my posting ... sorry - it's my play day, and play days mean computers!

4 comments:

Laura said...

That was amazing! I love both of those songs, and I loved the arrangement of the two together. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Before I even read the post, I have to say I love the piano and cello.

A.J. said...

My son is a very talented clarinet player, he plays for two different Chamber Orchestras. It leaves me teary eyed to listen to him play. I don't know if our children know how special it is to be able to read and play music at that level.
Thanks for sharing.

Cherri said...

This is a beautiful piece - Brandon had it on his blog also. There is just so much joy expressed there, and so much talent!