16 June 2009

Just Because

So last Friday, Ryan and I are chatting and the subject of notebooks come up. The total awesomeness that can exist in one tiny little baby computer! He mentions one that says it has a battery life of 9.5 hours and is easily detachable - thus you could get an extra battery, charge them before oh, say you get on a freaking 14 hour flight to Australia and have computing skills the entire flight!

That it will fit easily on a fold out tray table helped. That it had 160 GB memory helped. That it ran Windows XP helped. THAT IT FIT IN MY PURSE is just plain awesome. Doesn't have a DVD slot ... problem? Yes - so why not just buy an itty bitty one that sits under it if you would like to watch a movie?

That I wouldn't have Internet on the plane? Who cares - I could start that novel people say I have in me! Maybe (dare I say it?) learn to play a computer game or two - I see them in the 'games' folder! That I have Internet anywhere there is wireless Internet access (like my house) makes this little baby just adorable!

That I checked and could have it delivered before heading out to go apartment hunting on Monday while Ryan is attending orientation in San Antoino? A definite plus, and the ultimate definition of 'impulse purchase'. Serious computer playtime between apartment hunting runs. Gotta love my good friend Mr. Amazon.

Checked my 'fun money' account status. That it could handle the notebook, an extra battery and a separate DVD Reader / Writer made it doable. That Gary is going to choke on his diet coke when he reads this? Troublesome ... but he is a long ways away, and as I said ... I have the 'fun money'.

THAT I NEED ANOTHER COMPUTER LIKE I NEED A HOLE IN MY HEAD? Made it totally mandatory!

This one little photo op? Priceless!
My 'mini me'!


I SO TOTALLY don't need this and I am SO TOTALLY having fun with it!

And, yes, I do know that I am spoiled ... but I am also grateful that I have the ability to purchase a computer (albeit a 'fake' computer) at the drop of a hat.

9 comments:

Laura said...

We got Scott a little computer like that. His is called a Netbook, and it's mostly good for surfing the internet. That's about all he uses the computer for anyway, so it's good. He loves it, and it keeps him off my iMac, so I love it too!

Enjoy your little mini.

ashley said...

Lori that little baby lap top is so cute, and I have thought about buying one just to have one with me all the time.. So dang adorable and sooo totally worth it!

Jennifer said...

The computer equivalent of a toy dog that lives in your purse. I'm think it is a necessity.

Ryan said...

I thought you were going to keep this whole thing on the 'down low' and it is called a net book. If it makes you feel better, airplanes are starting to get wifi in them. It'll get internet on a plane before its life is over

Lori Hurst said...

Hey, why did I think that all this size laptops were called 'notebooks'? Where did I get that? Is there such a thing?

It is too cute to keep a secret, and if you mean Dad, I am pretty sure he will notice me playing with it!

Lori Hurst said...

Ok, I am happy - Google and Wikipedia came through for me I am not a total idiot - we were talking about 'notebooks' - which Wiki defines as a small laptop - that I got a 'Netbook' seems logical having no CD drive ...

I feel better now

Cherri said...

You are so spoiled and I am so jealous! Have fun - you will totally get your money's worth the way you love to be on the computer!

Lori Hurst said...

I think I have already got my moneys worth! So Fun!

kimberly said...

I love the little netbooks! I'm all about compactness, so it makes sense that I'd like a tiny baby computer, right?

Except I'm a Mac girl, through and through. Alas!

(What I really want is for Apple to release a tablet. Those are so cool. You can write on the screen!)