20 June 2009

Car 'Troubles'

So I am playing with my baby computer last night installing software, fixing the fact that it didn't play movies (I was bit worried that maybe it didn't - but no worries - just needed to download Adobe Flash), installing Office 2007 (Word, Power Point and Excel) and still - it's not wheezing!

I looked up and it was 2:45am. I do a quick compute in my head and decided to give Gary a call since it was 5:45 Saturday afternoon. Got him and we talked about this and that and then he tells me this tidbit:

First off, he bought a little hand held vacuum to vacuum out his car since he couldn't find any real car washes and took it back with him last time he was here. He is very particular about cars - especially new cars. Heaven help you if you should get a ding! Man, boys and their cars ... I just don't get it! Not that I am a slob or or go around whacking my exterior with golf clubs just for fun, but ... seriously it is almost life or death with him and I don't seem to possess that gene.

So, he tells me: "I wanted to go on a bike ride but decided I would wash the car first, so I got the vacuum and headed downstairs (into the basement parking garage). Walked over to our parking spaces and thought 'Where the hell is my car?'!"

I asked him if he had been on the wrong floor and he said "Um, no ... I realized that I left it at work."


Seriously!?!


So, he is not a candidate for 'Alzheimer's Studies' just yet - maybe. He normally walks to work and duh - walks home. He drove Friday since he had a meeting in another building, but ended going with some other people in another car. Since they weren't headed back to work when he was, he took a taxi back. Thus he was in the mindset that he was 'car-less' so ... just walked home and went to bed!

Not too bad - much better excuse than when he Lost Jessie In Norway!


------


And just because I wanted to play with some photos:

Here is me spying on Gary with my telephoto lens - he is walking to work and I am up in the apartment:



He is walking around down there somewhere - I took this right after taking his photo - he turns in and goes one block up right before what look like to me (and look very cool on google earth) like white party hats: (oh, now looking at the photo you probably can't see them unless you click on the photo - but I know ... who cares?)

3 comments:

kimberly said...

Walking to work! I can't even imagine. If I tried to walk to work, I'd be killed on highway 249.

(It would also take me a few hours. If I didn't die first. Ouch.)

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, that's why he got the apartment downtown. He could walk to work and leave me with the car - now if I only dared to drive it!

ashley said...

ha ha ha ha .. he left his car at work. that is classic! I will admit i have left my car on campus many of times because i worked there and needed my car late at night or whatever and i would often just ride the bus home and forget it was there and go to wal mart that night and go "where the hell is my car" ha (quoted from gary...) so i know the feeling.