09 June 2009

NOT Even Funny ...

Not 12 hours after Gary leaves, I notice something. Our air conditioners don't seem to be keeping up. Odd, they generally are working great.

I wake up Monday morning and the temperature in the house is a little hotter than the outside air according to my satellite clock, temperature gizmo thingy. Weird, I thought and decided to promptly ignore it and hope it would spontaneously start behaving.

Nineteen hours after that, the day has cooled yet again and my house is still hot, with both air conditioners running:
I decide (now it is 12:30 - 1:00 in the morning) that maybe I should do something about it.

I start to investigate and discover that one of the units outside fan is not running even though inside the wall units both say they are running. I am thinking this is not a good thing. (Bright aren't I?).

So, what's a girl to do at one in the morning, with a bedroom that is hot as hell? She phones her husband in Australia and pulls him out of a meeting to see if somehow he can magically fix it over the phone. He suggested the circuit breakers.

So I flip the circuit breakers, praying that Gary's 220 power tools jolted something out of place while he was playing 'woodworker' while here on his vacation. No good.

I'm in trouble ...

But:

1) Got a call in to my air conditioner company and we signed up for some super duper (I SO hope) service that should get them out here soon.

2) We have two units in the house and one is at least going to keep things liveable (cross my fingers).

3) SO thankful this did not happen in the middle of everything - and while my parents were staying here.

4) If things get really bad, Gary installed an air conditioner in his 'shop' which doubles as our 3 car garage and he can get it frigid in there - I can always go hang out in the garage/shop to stay comfy!

So ... I'll live. Just probably won't be going to sleep any time tonight!

Damn, I hate things that don't work right...

3 comments:

Jamee said...

so sorry about your a/c! In hot June, too. I'll be praying for you. .

Laura said...

That happened to me while Robert was in Singapore. Our unit was totally gone. I had to make the decision to buy a new one all by myself. Fun times. Hopefully your A/C problem will be easy to fix.

Shel said...

Ya' know that is the sucky thing about A/C's, they always seem to team up and go out when it is so blasted hot outside... what is up with that!?! I don't get it! I'm sorry, Lori!