29 June 2009

Playing With Wildlife ...

I was very disappointed pulling out of our cabin that I had not taken a single shot of any sort of wildlife - not having seen any with my camera at the ready. While we were driving down the mountain, this lovely doe was kind enough to pose for me - as if she did not want me to leave her beautiful habitat disappointed.

I took many shots of her (this is using a 4x lens - I am not this close), but especially liked the ones where she just stared at me, like, "OK, get on with it, I'm busy eating" ....


And for anyone who cares to know how I made the 'photo' up there which, to me looks a wee bit like a painting, I took the original photo, lightened it a bit and upped the contrast:

Made a sketch out of it and layered the sketch on top of the original photo. Then I took the opacity of the sketch down to about 20% so that the main original photo was showing through.

That to me looked a bit like a painting. I then took a mask and 'clipped' it to the photo thus making the background show through.

The background is the same background that I used to make my blog design, thus when I use this background on my photos, it sometimes looks like the photos are not really square, but they are, the background just matches the background of my blog.

YEAH, I SO KNOW YOU CARE.... (but sometimes people ask, so ... there it is)

No comments: