07 June 2009

Sigh ...

I just finished a whirlwind Sunday (with tons of help):

-Jessie picked up at 9:00am (by Gary)
-Church with Jessie (always a workout: thank you Dad and your animal drawings)
-Dinner and cleanup (thank you Gary: dinner & Gary and Mom: cleanup)
-Jessie back to RSS (by Ryan - then Ryan off to work till late tonight)

At this point (other than looking like I have actually done nothing myself the entire day... not feeling very good), Mom, Dad, Gary and I are sitting around staring at each other waiting for their flights. Actually Gary and Dad were watching very old, annoying westerns and I was going nuts having the TV on since I seem to be allergic to any TV on at any time anymore (I am sure this is a prelude to another 'What is Wrong With Me?' rant). So - we piled in the car 20 minutes early for our tour of Houston:

Up to Houston Intercontinental Airport to drop off Gary - on his way back to Australia (sigh), then down to Hobby Airport to drop my parents off on their way home to Arizona (I am sure they were thinking it was none too soon!), then alone in the car driving back home to an empty house ...

... OK, Charlie greeted me with muted enthusiasm - having seen Gary's luggage she is in her mourning phase so everything is sort of half hearted, but I guess it was better than nothing!

I was going to write this before leaving for the airports while chaos reigned. Jessie talking in her normal voice which just so happens to be yelling, the TV on, everyone talking, stuff to do, stuff to pick up, but went to lay down and put a pillow over my head to get my headache under control before driving. Point is - the end of the post would have ended much different ... with a big: "Everyone is gone ... Ahhhhhh."

But now that I am here and it is quiet and everyone is gone it just seems like a big ole empty house echoing the good times that occurred this past week and it feels ... lonely ... with a quiet that my music turned up rattling the windows cannot seem to drown out.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm sorry for the lonely. And I hate westerns.

Kristie said...

Lonely stinks, but sometimes choas stinks, too. I guess I'm just never happy.

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, chaos puts me in bed and lonely, well just leaves me lonely - never satisfied either!

Lori Hurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki said...

So poetic! It is tough being the Mom. We are so wrapped up in our children and family. Yet, things change and we have little say in how they change...

Things are pretty lonely in Providence too.

Hang in there!