03 June 2009

Rat Dog

She looks a little depressed, doesn't she? That is probably because we are laughing at her and calling her Rat Dog all the time.


She will thank me later - next time she goes out in the hot weather to catch the Frisbee. This will be a good summer cut (shave) for her.

But - she is always cuter shaggy ... here she just looks like she has evil, brown, glowing eyes. When she is shaggy, you can barely see them! Yeah, yeah - that probably means that she can barely see out, but while she is still catching Frisbees with dead on accuracy, I'm gonna believe she can still see and does not posess internal radar.


Whew!!!
Little side note here. Decided to play with my dads small camera since he told me to feel free and took the photos of Charlie with it.

I have this little habit - whenever I take photos off my camera memory card, I delete the folder entirely. I hate having photos on my system two places - especially if you have enhanced one - it is confusing and my way of avoiding this is to delete all the photos off my card every time I take off photos - so never a duplicate (except my backups of course ... I am not a complete idiot - I have double backups of my photos).

So ... you can see where this is going, can't you? I copied off the photos of Charlie and, yes there were other photos on the card - things my dad had taken, so I told myself to NOT DELETE THE MEMORY!!! But, of course, then I worked with the photos in PhotoShop so you could actually see the dog and not a black blob on the stairs, then went to delete the memory and put it back in the camera.

Yeah, ALMOST deleted (Dad is sweating right about now) caught myself right at the last minute!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that pup looks adorable.

Thank goodness you didn't delete. I fear deleting Andy's stuff even though it is total junk.

Lori Hurst said...

Uh, yeah. You know how I said I had double backups of my photos? I had so many back before I had 2 terrabytes of space, I had to delete an old backup before I could backup my stuff again (only one backup). So I deleted it thinking - how bad could it be? I would only be unprotected between the time my new backup was being written.

Well ... the old backup held all of Garys stuff - I mean ALL - about 20 years of stuff ... gone.

Yeah - it was not a pleasant conversation with him.

He now backs up his own stuff!

Jennifer said...

Yipes.

Laura said...

I'm always afraid to delete the pictures off my camera until:

1. I have them in iPhoto
2. I have backed them up onto a cd. I know I just need to get an external hard drive. I have cd's and they are handy, so I use them.
3. I have printed them. If I'm feeling brave, only steps 1 and 2 have to happen.

I am a little bit frightened of deleting!