30 June 2009

It's Just Going to be One of Those Days ...

I come home from vacation, there is stuff to unpack, stuff I left undone before I went, stuff to wash, regular stuff that needs to be done and I just want to sit at the computer, play with my photos and pretend that I don't have a care in the world. I'm tired, computer starved, and, well just tired.

When sitting at the computer, I tend to post - this would be my third today and the day is young - I can't even promise that I will stop.

Problem is I wanted to post this and forgot.

Last time Gary was in town he started working on end tables for our downstairs family room. They have a formica inlay that matches our leather couches perfectly. The photo below is his 'test' piece - it will either become a coffee table or a table for my garden in the family room (the garden I never take photos of - cause I can't see it sitting in my office chair!).

Right now it is showing 97 degrees outside, and he is at a balmy 79 since it is still early in the day and I accidentally started opening the garage door when I got home from taking Ryan to order glasses and grocery shop. I didn't actually see it, but I am sure his head exploded just a tiny bit as the garage door started opening letting out all his cold air!

His shop is massive - being a 3 car garage up to the lip in the concrete - after that is just gravy - extra space in the garage. Gary built all the shelves, reinforced the ceiling, put down particle board, installed a drop down stairway and a hole with a pully above it - and we now have a massive attic. He sheet rocked the entire thing, put up the 'infamous' chair rails (and now that I am looking at the photos - moulding on the floor - stained also), painted, put in the 'tanning lights', put in the windows, installed the air conditioner. And now he is making me furniture! What a hobby! You have no idea how fun it is to have a general all round handy man around the house (well, some of the time now).




I AM A LUCKY GIRL!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I leave for less than a week, and I feel like I've missed a month in your blog! I wish I had been there commenting all along. Alas. I want you to know that I love reading the things you say. I love looking at your photos and am boggled by the fancy things you can do to them. I remember when I first read your blog. Liz showed me a "Dear Jessie," and I never looked back. Easily one of the best decisions. I love knowing you better. And I love that you share things that are so tender but which let me know you better and help me in my own life.

I totally thought I did that tag with the handcuffs! Did I? I'll do the photo one now, though.

LOVE TO YOU!

Laura said...

Gary's workshop is amazing! As is the stuff that he makes in it. You are a lucky girl! And you totally deserve it!