31 March 2009

Strangers Wedding

In a comment a while back, Jen wrote:

"Could you make something look like something torn out of an old newspaper? That would be cool for wedding pictures, like from old society pages. Do people do society pages anymore?"

So I gave it a shot, and I can't get it looking right, or very good, but yes Jen - it can be done and someone who has done this for a while could probably come up with a much better layout!

And I cannot find any society pages to use in digital scrapbooking - just boring pages - although this one is from the 1800's. I would think the society pages would be the first thing they would use!

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Believe it or not, our local paper still has kind of a society page, with someone from Squirrel reporting on who has had visitors and what is the local gossip. I will try to save the next one (comes out kind of irregularly) and send it to you. I have lived in Rexburg 27 years and still don't know where Squirrel is. Guess I better get acquainted with my area!

Jennifer said...

What are you talking about? This is GREAT! And not just because my name is on it. It looks like someone folded it up and stored it in the pages of an old Bible as a keepsake. Like the announcement is behind, they tore out the picture placed on top, on top of their wedding invitation.