22 March 2009

Round Top, Texas

Round Top was a disgustingly charming little town with a population of 77. It was pretty much a town square and that was it. I took a photo of over half of the buildings - adorable as they were. There must be a law stating that the buildings in the town be picture perfect - since they all were....




And if the photos look a wee bit 'dreamy' it is because I have been playing with a photography technique named 'Orton' or 'Orton Imaging' - you can Wiki it for the technical details. I just thought that with such a delightsome little town - it should look like elves and fairies lived in each and every tree knoll ...

2 comments:

Cherri said...

or under every foundation - why are the foundations just cinder blocks?

Lori Hurst said...

I hadn't even noticed! Most of the ones with cinderblock are in a fenced area that looks like historical homes - like the cabin and the church. Others are also - and either they are keeping with era or are like older homes I see that are raised. I don't know why they don't just have a concrete foundation!