16 March 2009

Kimberly's Meme

Kimberly had a meme (which I actually have no idea what it is NOR how to pronounce it: ‘me me?’ or ‘meeem’?, but it looks a lot like ‘tag’ which as you know took me a wee bit of time just to figure that one out) on her blog and does not tag people, but we have had way too little activity in our little blogland, and I am ACTIVELY avoiding all my chores so I am tagging everyone reading this (if you want to) –


Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up: (photos not required, I am just avoiding what I was avoiding doing Saturday)
1) Rodney glaring at my 'chore avoidance' disapprovingly atop my ‘Girly Pile’:
2) A pot that Marjory Tamiko Anderson from Mission Bend Ward hand made (I love her pottery – I have a ton – she is online – Google Tamiko) full of all my useful crap – pens, mechanical pencils, flashlight, barna kniv (children's knife - now isn't that an oxymoron!) from Norway to open mail with, scissors, photos I like … you know ... crap:

3) Some of my wooden tines, a container from Cozumel and a container I stole from Gary's house after his mother died (I have a container from each of my Grandmothers who have passed away – wanted to carry on the tradition … and I asked) a cool wooden calendar I saw on Dooce’s web site, so I bought it and a huge paper clip for outgoing mail.


4) More of my collection of Tine’s with my antique one from the 1800’s:


5) Cool file folders I found at Office Depot and bought and now have absolutely no idea what to put in them, but they are too pretty to put away…



What are you wearing now? Jeans, sweatshirt, fuzzy socks (make the tile not feel so hard and my feet are cold)

Who was the last person you said ‘I Love You’ to? Jessie – yesterday when she was visiting.

Coke or Pepsi? Coke!

Who was the last person you hugged? Gary – been gone 3 weeks, home Friday – you do the math …

What’s your current fandom/obsession/addiction? Obsession: learning Photoshop – mainly for photos, but pumping out butt ugly scrapbook pages learning (fandom: not big on being a ‘fan’ of anything, addictions: not telling)

What would you most love to be doing right now?
Not fighting a headache (but much, much better)

What websites do you always visit when you go online? Laura's, and all those listed on her site (plus Rhonda's and Alisha's that Laura does not have listed, but Leslie does), Dooce (because I am evil), CuteOverload (because … furry cute animals!!!) and PostSecret.com (artsy, but would probably offend the hell out of all of you – living in Europe plum took the ‘offense’ right on out of me!)

What was the last thing you bought? About 18 gallons of milk by accident (see lower post).

What would you like to be listening to right now? Exactly what I am listening to – satellite radio (no commercials) via my computer on my favorite rock station through my great Bose speakers….

What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? ABBA’s Dancing Queen (damn Mama Mia movie!)

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? For the next year? I am going with Kimberly – teleportation – Australia is a 14 hour flight from Los Angeles … just kill me now … (If that was not looming in the future – the power to heal and relieve any one’s illness and pains)

What is your favorite weather, and why? OK, picky, but: Norway, sunny day, fresh fallen snow, and a fire burning in the library (red room) because there is nothing to do but read a book! (Snow anywhere else I have lived just gets ugly after 15 minutes)

If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play? The piano – but then I would have to play and I hate being in front of people – so it is good I gave up at the age of 10.

What book are you reading now?Photoshop Elements 7.0” fascinating … really!

Your dream career? Electrical Engineer designing computers. Had to take a bunch of Electrical Engineering for my Computer Science degree and discovered two years too late that it was the subject of my dreams. (that and the optics part of Physics – I’d work it in to my job too)

5 comments:

kimberly said...

I thought you should know that my toad "friend" has finally been moved out of the box. He is now on my bookcase and, since people who come to my apt. always seem to migrate to the bookshelf, I know everyone will see him and, most likely, be disturbed!

(A meme is the same thing as a tag. It's just that everyone on livejournal refers to them as memes and people on blogger refer to them as tags. Go figure. I usually pronounce "meeem" but that could be totally wrong!)

I love the tines and your other containers. I have a strange obsession with containers like these, so I appreciate your pretty collection. I have a couple from other countries that my Dad has brought me.

Laura said...

I also love your tines. They are so pretty - I just want to go to your house and steal them. (Did I write that?)

Also, I link to one of Alisha's blogs, but not the private one. I do not link to blogs that are private. It always ticks me off when I try to read a blog and can't because I haven't been "invited". So I won't link to private blogs and do that to my readers. I'm just nice that way. And Leslie doesn't link to Rhonda's blog - she doesn't even know Rhonda! I don't know where you are getting to Rhonda's blog from.

Photoshop Elements 7.0? Electrical Engineering? Some fun stuff there!

I will have to do this meme/tag.

Lori Hurst said...

Alisha's blog from Leslies site is not password protected or private? Maybe it used to be. That also bugs me - I know people who have private blogs and I never feel like I can ask if I can read it and never get invited....

I pull up Rhondas from my site tracker since it shows when she visits and I have been too lazy to bookmark it!

Rhonda said...

You can tell when I visit!? Scary!!! I really do have a life, but blog-reading has become a bit of an obsession. :) And I do enjoy reading yours! Did you know Marjory when she lived in Mission Bend Ward?

Lori Hurst said...

Yes, I knew Marjory (oops forgot how to spell her name). When we moved to Norway she babysat Jessie for us - she was the nicest! And I really loved her pottery - I bought something about every time I was at her house.