23 March 2009

Well .... Crap ...

Got a call from Gary about an hour ago. He got a new phone from work about a week ago since he hated his old one ... and it apparently does not work internationally. It is supposed to ... but just does not.

What does this mean? Well, for one - I can't call him - which I used to do in the wee hours of the morning when it was his evening so we could take our time and talk. Tons of casual, 45 minute interntional phone calls on the Marriott phone probably won't look so great ... E-mail is just not the same as talking to him - he can generally 'talk me down off the ledge' as I so fondly call me losing it when he is gone.

So - three weeks and very little communication with Gary - yeah, I'm gonna stay sane ... sure ...

I'm off to my room to pout ... but be warned - copious amounts of blogging might/will occur ... (you will be able to tell when I start losing it - if you have not noticed yet - when my 'potty mouth' starts getting out of control - just a warning).

4 comments:

Laura said...

That really stinks! He will be getting that fixed before he goes back again, won't he?

I know we aren't Gary, but when we see the potty mouth emerge, we will try to talk you down from the ledge!

The only good side is for those of us who faithfully read your blog - we will have more Lori to read!

Curse the cell phone!!!

Liz said...

Let the blogging begin! I'm Sorry for your losing it, but I'm glad you let us be a part of it.

Alisha said...

We're here for ya.

Jennifer said...

Yes, lean on us - some of us are already pirates! Here's to hoping that the phone gets replaced.