15 March 2009

Migraine

Yesterday - my day of total inactivity was actually due to a huge headache that I was trying to distract myself from. Sitting in front of the computer at least was not making it throb any more than regular - so y'all had to suffer through some pretty horrific scrapbooking. I am really hoping practice makes perfect! I would pull some of the more horrifying ones off, but that darn rule of 'no deleting' I have imposed on myself. I blame my poor judgement on my throbbing head.

The night got no better:

10:00 - went to bed, tried to relax and forget the headache.

1:00 - fell asleep

2:00 - woke up to actual fireworks in my head. Explosions of light behind my left eye and blind in that eye. Staggered out of bed, thew up (NEVER good on a throbbing head) and got my migraine medicine down.

2:00 - 4:00 practiced my relaxation exercises and tried to not want to die.

4:00 - decided that dying was the better option - was going to wake Gary up and tell him to shoot me in the head, but he was sleeping off his jet lag so peacefully ...

4:00 - 6:00 still trying to relax, but loosing it, decided if I couldn't get it under control, Gary was taking me to the emergency room ... or shooting me dead .... his choice.

6:00 - double dosed on migraine medicine, Excedrin and a sleeping pill.

6:30 - drifted off to sleep

8:00 - woke up (exhausted) to just yesterdays '7' throbbing (on a scale of 1 - 10 - I never drop below a 3 - my migraine was about a '15') and was so happy I started to cry - which upped it to an '8' - so I quickly stopped.

8:00 - 9:00 just laid as still as I could and got it down to a '5' and was elated to be relatively pain free - it felt WONDERFUL!

9:00 - got up and bathed to get ready for church - Ryan said he would go to Sacrament meeting with us and I was not missing that for the world!

9:30 - back to bed with a throbbing headache, relaxation exercises

10:00 - up trying to put on makeup

10:30 - threw up, back to bed, gave up on church

Bummer....

Now Jessie is here - not the quietest soul in the world, so while they watch a movie in the bedroom at a volume that my head could not tolerate, I am at my computer, yet again - distracting myself.

Y'all will bear the brunt ... Stavkirke's to follow.

3 comments:

Court said...

Missed you at church...so sorry your head is putting on an unsolicited fireworks show.

Laura said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling so horrible.

Vicki said...

What a graphic explanation of a migraine. I've only had one once - and nothing like that! Glad to know you are doing better.