29 March 2009

Sanity Check

I think I am in trouble, but I am not sure. If you would like to start your week out by providing a much needed service - I would appreciate it.

Here I am, sitting around, playing with a couple of photos that Gary e-mailed me of pretty waterfalls, and I decide to surf the web. Of course, I go to all my usual haunts and end up watching this (at cuteoverload.com):



So, here is the clincher - it is 3 minutes and 15 seconds - a long time to spend on me, I know - but I am in a bit of a bind. I was watching it, thinking 'oh, how cute / funny' when all of a sudden something happened and I was laughing hysterically with tears streaming down my face. Thankfully no one is here right now, but I am thinking that might not be the most appropriate response to the video - a few chuckles, yes, sobbing at the end (ok, not really sobbing) .... no.

So - if you have a few minutes and want a laugh - watch the video and let me know if I have indeed lost it and it was just minimally funny and I need to do something to get 'back on track', 'in from the ledge' .... fill in euphemism here ... OR I am still sane - but the fact that I am not sure if I am sane probably says something about my sanity right there ...








Spoiler Alert!!

I am sorry, but I was fine until the camera just sits there and the cat is wandering past the open door from the other room! I still think it is hysterical, but why that part set me off is a mystery.

6 comments:

Cherri said...

That struck me as funny too, I guess because it was unexpected. But sobbing? Maybe not. Maybe you need more sleep? Things are much more funny/sad at the wee hours of the morning than they ever are in sunlight!

Lori Hurst said...

I said NO SOBBING!!! Just that wild hysterical laughter thing - which is generally never a good sign. And yes, thinking about it - it is the lack of sleep. I actually never fell asleep the night prior to this post and the 4 nights prior to that I was doing good to get 2 hours - I am having serious problems sleeping lately.

So I guess if the worst that happens is hysterical laughter, I am doing pretty good!

Laura said...

I thought the video was very funny. But not hysterical, make you cry funny.

I'm not going to say you are on the brink of insanity. Maybe just a little overreactive?

What I don't understand is why the cat just kept wandering around with the bag on it's head - not even trying to get it off. My cats would have been going crazy!

Lori Hurst said...

That is what I thought was so funny - the cat just wanders all over the place, never even attempting to take it off!

I could seriously steal this cat - it and Charlie would make a great pair!

Shel said...

I thought it was pretty funny, too. I can't imagine a cat just lallying around not freaking out to get the bag off. I got a good laugh out of it :)

I agree with sleep deprivation not insanity, but I don't see that getting much better right at the moment, eh?

Leslie said...

I chuckled out loud on this one. I mean the cat looks like a burglar or something just casually walking around with a bag on it's head! So strange. I would have been in tears too had i been sleep deprived .