03 March 2009

Dissapointment

So ... more on that in a bit. Here is my self imposed schedule (Gary - do NOT read this, it will just make you mad).

9:00am - 11:00am Get up (I know, I know - just go with me here for a bit)
3:00pm - Call from Gary - his 7:00am the next day on his way to work - just saying 'hi' not much time for more than that.
8:00pm - Gary's lunch time - calls if he gets a chance
12:00am - 4:00am - dick around on the computer
4:00am - Call Gary - his 8:00pm - done with dinner, so should have time to talk. He refuses to call me at this time, but he can't stop me from calling him and it is the time he has to talk during his day. Unfortunately he has been at work the last two days I have called (His Mon and Tue nights).
4:30am - go to bed

The schedule works for me. I feel like I can goof off during the hours of 12:00 and 4:00 whereas if I was doing the same stuff during the day - I would still do it, of course - just feel guilty about it.

The disappointment part:

Gary said he was scheduled to fly into Papau New Guinea on the 9th for a couple of days. You know - the other half of Indonesia, tribal villages, cannibalism and head shrinking still being performed in the 1900's, THAT Papau New Guinea (can't actually verify the cannibalism or head shrinking - but I'VE BEEN TOLD). So ... you think that souvenirs from Australia can be somewhat ... interesting - just think of the treasures Gary could find me!! I can't even begin to describe the excitement I felt when he told me that souvenirs from Papau New Guinea were coming home with him in 2 weeks - the photos, the blogging, the disgust of all of you!! What fun.

Well, the trip might be off ... but he will get there eventually.

I can't wait.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry your unusual (to say the least) souvenir gratification is being delayed. I'm sure Gary will eventually come through and find something totally disturbing in Papua New Guinea. I guess you'll just have to settle for more toads! Do they have them with all four legs, or is two the most you can get?

Lori Hurst said...

I think he thought he saw some with 4 legs, but when he went to look, only found the ones with two. That (to quote Shelley) 'zipper butt' would be awfully hard to acomplish with 4 legs, and what fun would a real cane toad be to have if not for the fact that it can store your loose change?

And I have total faith in Gary to find me something hideously disturbing when he finally makes it over there. He said just a few minutes ago that he will find out at work today (his Wed morning) whether he needs to go or not. He is busy enough without a field trip, so I should hope that he doesn't have to go, but the part of me wanting something disturbing might just win out in this internal struggle - his work load be damned!

Lori Hurst said...

I just talked to Gary and he had read this blog (his lunchtime) and he had to mention that there are import laws from Papau New Guinea to Australia - so he has to find out what is legal to bring back. I'm thinking that is not much of a problem for everyone going over there ...