30 March 2009

So ... no vote is an insanity vote ...

right?

LOVED that you could have heard a pin drop on my blog last night! Chickens! I am sure there is a nice Hallmark card that is just right for this occasion: Telling your friend that, yes, indeed, she really is batshit crazy. Total blog silence except for my sister in law, Cherri. Ryan came home and I made him watch it and he thought it was pretty funny so I know that I am not totally nuts. And due to Cherri's comments, have figured it out:

Two Words: SLEEP DEPRIVATION. Never fell asleep the night before the previous post and the four days prior to that I had not slept for more than 2 hours a night. A couple of days I was able to fall asleep for a couple of hours during the day - but funky weird dreams and not always successful. I am going to blame a lack of sleep for being off kilter and, well I was going to say weird, but since I am weird all the time, how could you tell?

So after reading Cherri's comment and realizing - in my sleep deprived stupor - that the culprit was my sleep deprived stupor I made a gargantuan effort to get some sleep. Headed to bed at midnight after taking a sleeping pill. And when I say sleeping pill ... I mean SLEEPING PILL. I have a prescription for what my doctor calls 'horse tablets' (in fact for all I know it REALLY is ketamine ... kidding - it's not) which make Ambien, Valium, Sonata, etc look like baby aspirin.

At two in the morning I was having a mini panic attack since I was not falling asleep and I knew I really, really needed it. But that is a cycle I broke years ago - worrying about not falling asleep is not very helpful in falling asleep ... so it has been years since I have been panicked about it - until last night. So now I have fallen off the insomniacs wagon and need to find my way back to some sort of truce with my lack of sleep.

Drifted off about 2:30am and woke up at 4:00am.

And for me?

I call that a success.


.
.
.
AND ... In honor of animal videos and people (like me) with waaay too much time on their hands, I bring you:

Extreme Shepherding (an absolutely fantastic video and no laughing on my part):

Ok, I did find one thing extremely funny: the: "The Baaah-Studs Presents" part. Say 'baaah studs' out loud and you have a spot on English accent pronounciation for 'bastards' ... very clever!

Maybe I needed more than 1 1/2 hours of sleep last night ...

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry you are sleep deprived. I hope you are able to sleep soon.

On the other hand, if your sleep deprivation causes you to discover amazing videos like this one, well, maybe it's worth it - to your readers anyway!

Who knew shepherds were so tech savvy?

Laura said...

I showed the video to the boys last night. They were amazed. Jeffrey said it may have "changed his life"!

Lori Hurst said...

It IS cool isn't it? I have a feeling no one else has watched it because it is so worth commenting about!

I just want to get my blog and yell 'WATCH THE VIDEO'! But there is that insanity thing hanging over my head so I am trying to keep a low profile!

Court said...

RAWHIDE! Oh man--that was awesome. I finally had a chance to watch. I seriously need to train my dogs.

Vicki said...

I am still waiting for it to download. It's been ten minutes already, so it may not be coming. I need a good laugh, so I'm crossing my fingers...

Lori Hurst said...

Vicki - I hope you get it to download - on my computer it is immediate. This is the fantastic one, not the one that I thought was hysterically funny. And now that I am a wee bit more sane - still think it is hysterical that a cat will just wander a house with a bag on it's head! I so want a pet like that!